Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Headset/Mic selection

Could someone recommend a good inexpensive headset w/mic to use with the Voice version? Maybe even a low end, medium and somewhat higher end version. Links and general prices would be great. I have several really nice headsets but none have intregal microphones. Thanks.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Could someone recommend a good inexpensive headset w/mic to use with the Voice version? Maybe even a low end, medium and somewhat higher end version. Links and general prices would be great. I have several really nice headsets but none have intregal microphones. Thanks.Ray
Maybe could someone not recommend a headset w/mic. Straight%20Face.gif Ray

Hi Ray,Problem is there's a million different brands.I personally use a no-name USB headset that costs around $20.It works great.I would definitely go USB.On the higher end you can spend a lot more and get one with noise cancelling, but that's hardly necessary.Cheers,

I bought the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 recently. Advantages: Good quality earphones and microphone. Sits well on my head, and the design makes it easy to attach the clip for TrackIR. Closed design, so shuts out outside noise. Long USB lead. Controls on lead to adjust volume and to mute mic.Disadvantages: The earphones get quite warm because of the closed design. I cannot hear if someone enters the room while I'm wearing the headphones.Hope this helps.

I need some guidance with the volume controls. I have FSX/Accereration w/ win7 on a i7/870 with RealTek HD audio preinstalled on the montheboard (5.1). I have the full Front L/R/C, Rear L/R w/Subwoofer using the Logitech Z-5500 system. I just added a Logictech USB headphone w/mic for FS2Crew Voice for iFly 737 FSX.It all works but trhe volume controls are not quite correct for me. To get a good volume level on the headset I have to increase the background volume along with the headset volume. No split between the FS2Crew and the aircraft sounds.OK. tell me is this is correct. When I click on the speaker icon to adjust the volume slider then everything sounds perfect, when I click back on the FSX screen the aircraft noise drowns out the FS2crew volume. If I turn the PC/fsx sound off with the Q button, then I still have the FS2Crew earphone sound and it is at the correct volume, just can't hear the clicks and engine sounds.The round volume knobs on the FS2Crew Popup panel has absolutely NO effect on the volume of anything.The FSX sliders from Sound/Control does control the individual Engine/Cockpit/ /Voice but the USB headset is buried in all those sounds.I just purchased an Audigy addon sound card but turns out I have no available slot for it. rats.Any ideas? Thanks.Ray

Hi Ray,Did you select your USB audio device in the FS2Crew Config Panel?Did you then press the HS button on the FS2Crew Main Panel?That should then route most crew dialogs through your headset.Some FS2Crew sounds will not go through your headset (deliberately) such as the 'bell' sound FS2Crew adds to the sim when the jetway is in motion at the gate.As for volume, I'm not sure... the volume knob should have an effect.Let me know about the 1st two.Cheers,

Hi Ray,Did you select your USB audio device in the FS2Crew Config Panel?Did you then press the HS button on the FS2Crew Main Panel?That should then route most crew dialogs through your headset.Some FS2Crew sounds will not go through your headset (deliberately) such as the 'bell' sound FS2Crew adds to the sim when the jetway is in motion at the gate.As for volume, I'm not sure... the volume knob should have an effect.Let me know about the 1st two.Cheers,
Yes, using the FSCrew CFG panel I have the USB headset selected and Yes I have HS selected and highlighted. The HS lamp is on and routes additional conversations to the headset from the FO when selected. The FS2Crew volume knobs do nothing. I hear in the headset and I am learning how to talk to the PC. ha. I went thru the windows speech training tutorial - it has come a long way in 20 years. The volume is not working correctly. Don't understand why I can't lower the plane sounds without lowering the crew talking. Thanks.Ray

Yes, using the FSCrew CFG panel I have the USB headset selected and Yes I have HS selected and highlighted. The HS lamp is on and routes additional conversations to the headset from the FO when selected. The FS2Crew volume knobs do nothing. I hear in the headset and I am learning how to talk to the PC. ha. I went thru the windows speech training tutorial - it has come a long way in 20 years. The volume is not working correctly. Don't understand why I can't lower the plane sounds without lowering the crew talking. Thanks.Ray
Hi Ray,How are you trying to lower the plane sounds?Are you using the master volume on your computer?Way I do it is this:Computer master volume set to full (via the volume slider in the Windows Control Panel).Speaker volume set to a comfortable mid-range level (not loud, not quiet).If I want to lower ambient airplane sounds, which is not really necessary in the 737 since it's a quiet plane, I lower the volume using the sound sliders in the FS9/FSX sound options menu.I can then adjust the FS2Crew crew volume using the FS2Crew volume knows, but generally I just leave them at their default setting since by default they should be at a mid-range level.Best,