Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Terrain - Photoreal Scenery

Since I've decided to stick with Fs2004, I wonder if there are still good addons for terrain at some countries.Currently I only have Ultimate Terrain for USA,Canada,Europe , some megacity packs for USA, Flylogic for Switzerland. NL2000 for Netherlands. I remember there are also some photoreal for Italy but I can't find the place to get it.Can someone help me point out some other good addons :( I usually fly IFR but always look into the ground LOL.gif

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Project BlueSky, but it is a pain to download.

No.
In my opinion I usually hate photoreal because only if it's a highres photo then it looks great from 35,000FT but looks like crap from the ground. Another thing is all your autogen trees and houses dissapear so feels like you are in a very strange world. The next thing is it blurs like hell and takes a long time to load and looks bad blending into the default scenery.Now with that said, there is a developer that has gotten it right, VFR France. All their photo sceneries come with custom autogen that looks MUCH better than FS9 default, looks great upclose or from afar and blends in well with default scenery. This is why they stopped making airports and now only focus on photosceneries.http://www.francevfr.com/

I hate photoreal scenery. It looks flat and ugly once you get down lower.

Hi.

I happened to have this Italy photoreal screenie as my desktop at work. Obviously have too much time on my hands...
In my opinion I usually hate photoreal because only if it's a highres photo then it looks great from 35,000FT but looks like crap from the ground. Another thing is all your autogen trees and houses dissapear so feels like you are in a very strange world. The next thing is it blurs like hell and takes a long time to load and looks bad blending into the default scenery.Now with that said, there is a developer that has gotten it right, VFR France. All their photo sceneries come with custom autogen that looks MUCH better than FS9 default, looks great upclose or from afar and blends in well with default scenery. This is why they stopped making airports and now only focus on photosceneries.http://www.francevfr.com/
Looks like crap from the ground, sure does. But...If you have the patience, the Autogen SDK works wonders with photoreal scenery, even if all you do is add trees for a couple of miles around your favourite airfields. I've done a lot of this for Justflight's UK Photoscenery (takes a verrrrry long time to load / refresh) around some Welsh strips I made from Bones' list of UK airfields. It's a tedious task, but it does make a huge difference. You'd need a utility for determining which bgl you want to work on. I use one which I think is called TCalc but I'm having lunch at work at the mo' so can't be sure. On the other hand, if you fly mostly big urban airports you probably won't get so much benefit from it.Still, I think it's time I had a closer look at FranceVFR as I fly mostly western Europe, and not very high...Kind regards,D

Wow thanks a lot!Are there any add-ons for Asia?

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5