Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gallie

Not FS related, please help!

Guest Gallie

Guys,A few hours ago i started having big problems with my cpu loading. every time when i start my computer a few minutes later the cpu ussage jups to 100% and stays there for abaout 2 - 3 minutes going back to 2 - 5% for a minute and this keeps on going. The only thing i did was reinstalling Creative SB drivers and deinstalling Antivirus software.If i try to look up which program is taking up so much cpu power, the only thing i see using cpu power is the taskmanager at 99% cpu usage????Anyone got an awnser for this bizar behaviour??????My system specs are:Win XP homeAMD 2200512 MBasus GF4 ti4200Thanks guys,Gallie

Guest daveg4otu

Re-Install your AntiVirus software and update the virus files then run a thorough virus check .Also- using AdAware or similar ,run a check for spyware applications etc. Run Msconfig and see what programs are in the startup menu - see if there is anything you don't recognize set to run at startup,if there is ,uncheck it and see if that solves the problemDave

Hi,I just had to reinstall WinXp because the updated Creative drivers really messed my system up. If you just reinstalled Creative drivers or used a Creative update, this could be where your problem is. Also try doing a system restore. Don't be surprised if you have to reformat and reinstall the os.Ed

Guest Gallie

Thanks dudes!That ad-aware really did the job i guess.regards,Gallie