Sign in to follow this  
psolk

FSDT throws down the gauntlet...

Never understood why Aerosoft would take this one on anyway with all the other destinations that need to be completed but I can't see any FSDT users in their right mind going out to buy the Aerosoft version when FSDT is making their current version even better (and I always thought it was one of the best FS sceneries to begin with...) Love flying in there!From the email announcement:

We are pleased to announce a major upgrade to our best-selling Zurich scenery, which will be released in 3 subsequent Steps, as follows:1st StepBetter TexturesWe worked at every single texture of the scenery, improving materials quality, texture depth and the precision of both bump mapping and specular mapping (on FSX), in order to give a more pleasing look which compares with our more recent offerings. In the following screenshot, an example how the new version compares to the current one:Thanks to improved Bump-mapping and Specular mapping, the scenery has a sharper look with better depth impression.Better Night renditionAll night textures has been improved, offering more vibrant colors and variety:ParkMe and YouControlZurich was released before we introduced our powerful Python script engine, and still featured lots of limited and slow FS9 code to handle interactivity, as in Docking systems. ZurichX 2.0 will use the more advanced ParkMe system which has been popular with all our latest product, and YouControl to handle user-controlled animations like hangar doors.Increased LOD and Visibility rangesZurich was initially released in 2007, so it was optimized to give the absolute best fps on systems available back then. Since the 2011 PC are way more capable, we reworked all LOD levels and visibility ranges of the scenery, to give better visual range and usability with much wider zoom settings. HOWEVER, we also modified ALL 3D objects to reduce unneeded polygonal complexity and, by working on all objects, we were able to eliminate about 30.000 polygons from the scenery which means, the added visibility range and LOD are coming at basically NO COST in fps so, Zurich will still offer the same fps friendly experience as before, but with greater visibility and less objects pop-up.Fixed Autogen exclusionA patch that was already available as a separate download on our forum, will be included in the base package, so the scenery will not exclude a large Autogen area around the airport anymore.Improved Crosswind AFCADA better AFCAD is included, with improved Crosswind operation, and Airlines codes added to most parking stands.The 1st STEP Upgrade, is a FREE UPGRADE for all past and future ZurichX customers for FSX and FS9, and will be available shortly, before the end of June 2011.2nd StepNew Schengen Pier BSince Switzerland entered in the Schengen agreement, Zurich airport is going to be remodeled right now, the old Terminal B has been demolished, to be replaced by a new Terminal B which will be operative before the end of 2011. The 2nd Step of the ZurichX upgrade will feature the new Terminal B, and several other modifications that are related to this change.The 2nd STEP Upgrade will be a FREE UPGRADE for all past and future ZurichX customers for FSX and FS9, and will be available in the next months, probably a few week after KLAX will be released.3nd StepNew technology Ground with ShadersIn preparation to allow ZurichX to be still usable and look fresh in the next years, we'll remade all the ground scenery using Advanced Shaders methods we introduced with KDFW and KLAX, that offers exceptionally sharp and realistic looking textures on ground, eliminating entirely all legacy FS9 code, which results in a fps saving too. Considering how effective this was at a much larger airport like Dallas-Fort Worth, we anticipate the performance benefit will be even larger with Zurich.The 3rd STEP Upgrade will be a PAY UPGRADE for FSX ONLY, and will be available before the end of 2011. The price is expected to be low, probably less than 50% of the current product price.New Price!Starting today, ZurichX is now priced at:9.9 EUR!!The lower price is effective automatically, there's no Coupon to insert, and it will entitle to full support and the ability to get all the Upgrades. But wait...What about our loyal customers that bought it at yesterday's price ?As a "Thank you" gesture for having supported us in the past, following the Zurich price reduction, we are giving a 10 US$ Discount Coupon to ALL Zurich 1.x purchasers, even those going back to 2007!! This Coupon will last all 2011 and it's valid with ANY FSDT product of your choice, even those NOT YET RELEASED! So yes, even if you already have all our products, you will be able to use the Coupon to purchase our upcoming big 2011 releases, like KLAX or GSX! And yes, the Coupon is ALSO valid if you purchase Zurich starting today at the new low price.To use the Coupon, type the following:THANKSZURICH(it's all Upper case)In the "Coupon ID" field of your Order, and verify the 10 US$ Discount has been applied before confirming the Order. PLEASE NOTE, the ordering system looks at your email to verify if you qualify for the offer so, if you purchased Zurich using a different Email, please let us know so we can update our records with your current Email address. If you still have your purchase receipt with your Order Number, you can also update your Email address yourself, on the Esellerate support site:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just got the email about this today! sounds like a "Scenery Off" to me.... I have FSDT LSZH so looking forward to the upcoming service packs.

Just got the email about this today! sounds like a "Scenery Off" to me.... I have FSDT LSZH so looking forward to the upcoming service packs.
Exactly Simon, and why do we need a scenery off at LSZH with all the other airports that are yet to be done... Just leaves me scratching my head as to who is deciding where resources get allocated...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Indeed, looking forward to this! I probably will buy this for the stunningly low price alone.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Still one of my favorite sceneries of theirs to this day.

- Aaron

Exactly Simon, and why do we need a scenery off at LSZH with all the other airports that are yet to be done... Just leaves me scratching my head as to who is deciding where resources get allocated...
What we really need is a Soviet-style five-year plan for FSX addons ... errh, wait :biggrin:The explanation given by Aerosoft when asked the question was that they needed it for their professional customers anyway.

LOL @ the wheels at Aerosoft's screenshot... come on, heheaerosoft_zurich_17.jpg

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Now we know why you should always have a Samsonite. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have the FSDT version and I'm quite happy with it.Don't see any point in doubling up on the same airport.And I got it their recently-ended 20% off to boot.So,all in all, a good buy.Will stick with it as they do have a history of making good FPS friendly excellent sceneries.

LOL @ the wheels at Aerosoft's screenshot... come on, heheaerosoft_zurich_17.jpg
What a good spot.I missed that.

And with fsdt, they are giving all current users 10 dollars off for either GSX or KLAX plus the scenery upgrade. Can't beat that. Very foolish of aerosoft to try and go up against a great dev like fsdt. Nobody in their right mind who already had it is going to get rid of it for the aerosoft one with all the upgrades coming.

Eric 

And with fsdt, they are giving all current users 10 dollars off for either GSX or KLAX plus the scenery upgrade. Can't beat that. Very foolish of aerosoft to try and go up against a great dev like fsdt. Nobody in their right mind who already had it is going to get rid of it for the aerosoft one with all the upgrades coming.
1) I'm quite sure Aerosoft had no idea that FSDT was going to do this. They were of the assumption that they would release an up-to-date version of Zurich that would compete against an already fairly old product. I actually wonder of FSDT didn't take this sudden decision because they heard Aerosoft was going to do a LSZH scenery to.2) Aerosoft has stated numerous times that their professional clients wanted Zurich badly. So, Zurich in fact was mostly done for the professional clients, and we came in second place. That's also the reason it was done so quickly, I presume.But perhaps we can give Aerosoft a break? All in all, I think their LSZH scenery looks terrific. If we have to look for tiny things such as cart's wheels in order to be able to make the product look bad, that means to me that overall they have done very well...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

But perhaps we can give Aerosoft a break? All in all, I think their LSZH scenery looks terrific. If we have to look for tiny things such as cart's wheels in order to be able to make the product look bad, that means to me that overall they have done very well...
Not such a small thing when you are sitting at the gate ready for push back and see those clunky things....:(

If you are a professional client then go for FSDT Zurich. One of my best airports

Jose De Campos

London

Please forgive me if I ask a silly question because looking at the OP I'm not quite sure is this FSDT striking back or is it an Aerosoft offer.Which seems strange as I've seen their Zurich release and it's in Euros whereas the OP mentions $$$ off.As I purchased the recently offered FSDT sceneries,which also included Zurich,does this offer of $$$ off apply to those who bought then? I'm slightly confused.Any HU appreciated.Thanks.

Ok,I have managed to unsort my own confused state of mind as earlier when I read the OP and I had headed over to FSDT I had not seen anything about the Zurich upgrade because I'd bookmarked their recent sale.As I'm not a member of their forum,let me see if I have worked this out correctly.As an owner of the recently-purchased Zurich scenery I can get a FREE upgrade PLUS $10 off their next biggie,KLAX,etc.Is that a correct surmise? If so,then I cannot see how Aerosoft are going to win with their latest release. Just does not add up.But I also respect that there may be others wanting the Aerosoft release.All I'd like to say is,Thank You FSDT.