Sign in to follow this  
ndoynov

Reapainting Falcon 50

Hi everyone! I'm new to repainting my own airplanes, but I find it quite simple. I put this in the main FS9 forum, but no one replied. It didn't occur to me to put here first though. So, I was looking through my archive of planes, and I found Yannick Lavigne's Falcon 50. I got a paint kit for it and repainted it. The problem is my repaint doesn't show up in FS! I named my new repaint folder TEXTURE.lzdoy (fictional livery). Here is the aircraft.cfg: [fltsim.0]title=Falcon50fullsim=Fal50caea2model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=F-CAEAui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=fullvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ full model including virtual interior[fltsim.1]title=Falcon50lightsim=Fal50caea2model=lightpanel=lightsound=texture=kb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=F-CAEAui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50ui_variation=Lightvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ light model without virtual interior[fltsim.2]title=Falcon50Bulgarianfullsim=Fal50caea2model=panel=sound=texture=lzdoykb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=LZ-DOYui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50 Bulgarianui_variation=LZ-DOY Fullvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ full model including virtual interior[fltsim.3]title=Falcon50Bulgarianlightsim=Fal50caea2model=lightpanel=lightsound=texture=lzdoykb_checklists=Fal50caea2_CHECKkb_reference=Fal50caea2_REFatc_id=LZ-DOYui_manufacturer=Dassaultui_type=Falcon 50 Bulgarianui_variation=LZ-DOY lightvisual_damage=1description=Dassault-Aviation/Falcon 50/1976/ light model without virtual interiorAnyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Saying your new to repainting and the same time stating its quiet simple for you.And then , telling what you made does not work.What kind of reactions do you expect? :wink: OKFirst question:Did you restart the sim after implementing the livery?Second question:Does`nt the plane show in the aircraft menu OR is it in the menu and does`nt show up after launching the model?

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Have you got your FS set to 'show all variations'? If you don't tick that box on the aircraft selection screen, it may not show all of the models your config file. This is probably not the issue, but worth checking.Also, after repainting with most paint kits (which are invariably layered PSD files), you typically have to flip the texture inverted, flatten it down so there are no layers and then save it as either a DDS file or some kind of bitmap but retaining the same name as the texture used the original models so that FS knows which file to find and map to the model, so make sure you have done that too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As the intial question was put on the FS9 forum I assume we are dealing with a FS9 aircraft cq paint.In that case we do not use DDS files and use extended BMP (DXT3 or higher) instead ,flipping is obsolete.Make sure the files are saved as DXT3 or 32 bit-888.(without mipmaps)Save your flattened PSD files as TGA files and convert them to DXT with the help of DXTBmp ( a program made by Martin Wright)Mind the alpha layers!http://www.leendejagertweewielers.nl//hobby/answers/tools.html

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

[fltsim.0]...ui_type=Falcon 50...[fltsim.1]...ui_type=Falcon 50...[fltsim.2]...ui_type=Falcon 50 Bulgarian...[fltsim.3]...ui_type=Falcon 50 Bulgarian...
Have you checked the aircraft model pulldown menu on the aircraft selection screen for your repaint?Your repaint will be listed separately from the original model because you changed the ui_type= line.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif