Hi,So I'm requesting some help with this strange issue. When ever I use the toe brakes on my new Saitek Rudder Pedals, the aircraft won't move anymore as it somehow has set some kind of brake, but not the parking brake. For instance if I'm moving down the runway or taxiway and I hit the left toe brake it will lock the left brake and I will veer to the left out of control, or if I push both toe brakes they both will lock. Though they are not setting the parking brake, they are definitely setting something. The only way to recover from this is to hit the parking brake (Ctrl+.) then hit the brake again to release (.) Just got these this morning, Please help.Thanks!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Normally that kind of issue is either the sensitivity, or not checking the axis reverse option in FS control assignments for the rudder; it is bizarre that you have to do that, but it does sort things out.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Normally that kind of issue is either the sensitivity, or not checking the axis reverse option in FS control assignments for the rudder; it is bizarre that you have to do that, but it does sort things out.Al
Thank you sir, I can confirm that setting max sensitivity, min null zone, and checking the reverse boxes (within FSX) did resolve the issue.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I, too, have a similar problem with my fairly new Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals. When I open FSX my rudders are centered but the minute I touch the rudder pedals or the brakes the rudders lock hard right as can be seen in the VIEWS>AIRCRAFT>VStab view and pedal operation has no effect on them. Needless to say, taxiing is impossible since there is no control over the nosewheel on the ground. I tried the setting the sensitivities to MAX and the null to 0 for the rudder and then checking REVERSE for the rudder as shown for the brakes in the above two posts but, unfortunately, this changed nothing. The brakes work perfectly; it is only the rudder which is creating problems.Any help or ideas would be most appreciated......Thanks,Quink

I, too, have a similar problem with my fairly new Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals. When I open FSX my rudders are centered but the minute I touch the rudder pedals or the brakes the rudders lock hard right as can be seen in the VIEWS>AIRCRAFT>VStab view and pedal operation has no effect on them. Needless to say, taxiing is impossible since there is no control over the nosewheel on the ground. I tried the setting the sensitivities to MAX and the null to 0 for the rudder and then checking REVERSE for the rudder as shown for the brakes in the above two posts but, unfortunately, this changed nothing. The brakes work perfectly; it is only the rudder which is creating problems.Any help or ideas would be most appreciated......Thanks,Quink
What happens if you look in the Control Panel under Game controllers?Can you calibrate OK? On my system, the rudder is shown as the Z axis.. see below

Bert

Thanks, Bert, for the prompt reply.My images are a bit different in format than yours but they render the same type of information. My images show the brakes of the Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals as well as the rudder.The first image (see attachment -2011-jun-16-005), shows the brakes and rudder before either has been touched. Note that at this point the rudder is centered and the brakes show as half applied. The second image (see attachment -2011-jun-16-006) show how things change after touching a brake pedal. The rudder is now hard over to the right and the brakes are now normal. In FSX the brakes work normally but the rudder remains hard over. Interestlngly enough, In the external VStab view in FSX the rudder pedals have no effect on the rudders which show hard over to the right but the twist rudder function of my Saitek X65F stick will work the rudders as it always has.....that is to say perfectly.Any thoughts?Quink

Are you saying that you have the rudder function assigned to both the twist handle AND the pedals at the same time? From here, the second image looks like rudder centered, not "hard over". The first image looks like rudder unassigned to this device.K

No, K, the RUDDER AXIS for the Saitek rudder pedals is only assigned as an FSX axis at this time. Prior to getting the Saitek rudder pedals it was assigned through the Saitek software to the Saitek stick and, though a bit awkward, it functioned. As soon as the Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals arrived the rudder pedal's function through the stick was deactivated or "LOCKED" through the Saitek software for the stick and then reassigned as an FSX CONTROL AXIS through FSX for the new pedals. It worked very well after this reassignment for about three months until about a week ago. The earlier outlined problem affects all aircraft be they FSX or third party. The image in my last posting which shows no red area in in the rudder space is how the panel appears when FSX is first opened and prior to moving any control and , indeed, it is centered. In this image the brakes show as about half applied. The instant any brake is touched the rudder goes to full hard right, or the right half red, and the brakes go to all white or unapplied as shown in the second image.Below are two more images. The first shows the ruidders from an exterior view and the second, a view of the rudder pedals in the cockpit. In both views the rudder pedals are hard over as they are with any other plane in FSX or third party.You may ask why I haven't posted on the Saitek forum with this problem but I have, from past experience, found this to be about as productive as posting on a truck stop restroom wall.My thanks for your help,Quink

You may have solved it yourself from other sources- but here are my settings. Had the same prob but "played" about with sensitivty and null zone.I do occasionally have the brake come on at standstill but not taxing. :Hypnotized:

Thanks, Bursco, for your attempt at resolving this ongoing "nightmare". Obviously , with the rudder hard over to the right as well as the nosewheel flying and even taxiing is impossible and FS is not as entertaining as it usually is. A question, if I may? Your Flight Controls calibration GUI plainly shows your "Saitek Pro rudder pedals" selected in the top window and the brakes and throttle(?) indicated but no rudder indicated. What am I missing here?Thanks again,Quink

Thanks, Bursco, for your attempt at resolving this ongoing "nightmare". Obviously , with the rudder hard over to the right as well as the nosewheel flying and even taxiing is impossible and FS is not as entertaining as it usually is. A question, if I may? Your Flight Controls calibration GUI plainly shows your "Saitek Pro rudder pedals" selected in the top window and the brakes and throttle(?) indicated but no rudder indicated. What am I missing here?Thanks again,Quink
just scroll down in the axis and I have this:Looking at my settings - that throttle axis should'nt be there - don't know how it did - sry to confuse.

Bursco, I have exactly what you've got but thanks for trying. Anyone else have any ideas?Quink

This topic is 10 days old, but this may help someone.When you have multiple controllers attached to your system, you need to go through every controller that FSX sees and make sure that there are no joystick button nor axis assignments on a controller that you do not want to be there. FSX has the nasty habit of assigning default buttons and axis to every controller, regardless of what the controller is.In bursco's image above you can see a spurious assignment of Axis 04 to the throttle axis for the rudder pedal controller. You should delete this assignment from the rudder pedals' axis setting as it may interfere with your actual throttle axis setting, wherever the real one may be.I have a lot of controllers attached to my system -- Saitek X52, yoke + rudder and 2nd quadrant, Logitech MOMO wheel and G13 game controller. All of these are visible to FSX and I had to go through all of the button AND axis assignments to find conflicts, such as why my view changed each time I pressed button 9 on my second quadrant, to which I assigned the parking breaks.