downloaded the new drivers yesterday but need some help on setting of nivida inspector, specificaally under aa,behavior flags, gamma correction, antiliasing mode, wiyksd reakky appreciate if someone would show their currect settting in nivida inspector with these new drives. by the way running i975, wndows 7 with gtx 580 .

downloaded the new drivers yesterday but need some help on setting of nivida inspector, specificaally under aa,behavior flags, gamma correction, antiliasing mode, wiyksd reakky appreciate if someone would show their currect settting in nivida inspector with these new drives. by the way running i975, wndows 7 with gtx 580 .
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Bert

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I had big problems with the 275.33 drivers on a system very similar to yours. The frame rate would drop to single digits sometimes when switching from a 3D view (VC/spot) to the 2D panel. Reverting to 270.61 cleared that up.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

These drivers work well on a 580 with only a few settings:1) Do a clean install to clear all the registry (game) settings from previous drivers.2) Set AA on and filtering to Ansiotopic in FSX.3) Use nVidia Inspector to set your FSX game settings: a) AA flags to 'NONE' B) AA mode to 8SQ Combined. No SuperSampling. Note: any SS will kill FPS although IQ WILL be better. c) AA behavior to 'ENHANCE' to insure good performance with clouds and water. Note: previous drivers required this to be 'OVERRIDE' causing performance issues. d) Ansio to 'USE SETTING SELECTOR' e) Ansio mode to '16x' f) Filtering mod to 'QUALITY' g) Trilinear Optimization 'ON' (no other optimizations) h) Negative LOD to 'CLAMP' I} Look ahead frame buffers to '0' j) Triple buffering 'OFF' k) If you use Vsync set mode to 'USE APPLICATION SETTING' (requires ForecFullScreenVSync=1 in fsx.cfg) otherwise set Vsync 'OFF' l) Use SuperSampling should be 'OFF Use MultiSampling' Note: I'm hoping that a future driver / card set gets this right.Everything else can be default except for 'SINGLE DISPLAY PERFORMANCE MODE' and Gamma AntiAliasing can be 'ON'Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

examplestill having problems, never had this with my gtx 285's. with the flickering issue. For example go to Seattle, Washington airport, Tacoma int, for example on main runway to the right you see the big tanks, and they are flickering never saw this with my gtx 285 only with the recently installed 580. Everything else works great on the card and its not overclocked. What setting possibly could be causing this probelm I am also using nivdia inspector 195.55.

examplestill having problems, never had this with my gtx 285's. with the flickering issue. For example go to Seattle, Washington airport, Tacoma int, for example on main runway to the right you see the big tanks, and they are flickering never saw this with my gtx 285 only with the recently installed 580. Everything else works great on the card and its not overclocked. What setting possibly could be causing this probelm I am also using nivdia inspector 195.55.
Not sure if this will help but since the 580 is such a brute of a card you need to keep the data pump going. When I installed mine I found that I HAD to set AffinityMask=14 in the FSX.cfg. This will prevent bottlenecking the thread scheduler on core 1. (assumes you have a 4 core cpu).Also - by all means OC your 580 to at least 875ghz core. Use MSI AfterBurner to do this. Also jack up the memory OC to around 2150ghz. make sure to set the fan to AUTO and it should not exceed 60% under load which is still very quiet.Hope that this helpsjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

I believe I have found the perfect setting for FSX. I tried a few but one day I decided to give it a try and I couldn't believe my eyes. No shimmers and high fps.ARE YOU READY? Use NickN's guide to set up Inspector, but instead of 8xS, us 16xS. NickN explained that 16xS is really the old 8xS.I hope it does for your sim experience what it did for me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Cool! Thanks for the tip Jose. Very good IQ and performs great in heavy clouds.Cheersjja
So are you using override or enhance setting?K

So are you using override or enhance setting?K
Enhance works best for my system and with the new drivers since 270.xxCheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Enhance works best for my system and with the new drivers since 270.xxCheersjja
Thanks. I am going to try this...K

It is hard to keep tabs on all of the driver / hardware changes that are constantly evolving so we have to rely on people like NickN and Jose to keep us informed. BTW I'm still running the 275.27 drivers that are probably very close to the 275.33's.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Hi All,I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if someone could answer a few questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it.1) Once profile selected, modified and then Apply button is clicked, do I need to do anything else (i.e. load profile or something) or just keep nVidia Inspector window open and launch FS X?2) After computer reboot do I need to go back into nVidia Inspector and select the profile and click apply prior to launching the FS X?Thank you.P.S. Tried to search the forum, but didn't find the answer...