Sign in to follow this  
perryfincher

FSX Fatal Error and CTD

I continue to have fatal error and FSX crashes to desktop.There has been mentioning of deleting the uiautmationcore.dll from FSX and system files.On the other hand, it has been mentioned not to delete these from the system files and was given a uiautomationcore.dll file to place in the root of FSX.FSX continues to crash while flying at various times.I have no glue what to do about this.Update (1545 hrs on 06-15-2011)I have also just copied and pasted this "HIGHMEMFIX=1" into the FSX.cfg file.Has there been any noticable fixes when this entry is put into the cfg file as well as the uiautomationcore.dll in regards to theCTD Fatal Error issue with FSX and Windows7?Will try FSX again on my next set of days off which will be next Monday.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Trying to get all this resolved before the NGX is released.Thanks

you may need to tell windows where the .dll is. I found this and it worked for me.PS put one copy of the UIAutomationcore.dll into you System32 file, Dont worry it wont do any harm. Its just the instructions in the link below need the dll to be in the System32 folder.http://forums.vatsim...hp?f=43&t=55716Dont worry about typing all that in you can just do what I do. Open the CMD window as it tells you (make sure to start as Admin and then copy and paste the written text into the CMD window as it tells you.This worked flawlessly for me.

Thanks Andysim.Did just that and will try to fly on FSX on my next day off on Monday.Will let you know how things worked out.Thanks

Thanks Andysim.Did just that and will try to fly on FSX on my next day off on Monday.Will let you know how things worked out.Thanks
Have been able to fly an entire 4 hour flight on FSX and no Fatal Errors or CTDs.Thanks, Andysim for the information you posted which did the trick!!!

The file search path behavior of Windows is such that placing a DLL file in the same folder as the executable should result in it being found and loaded instead of any version that resides elsewhere in the search path. There are more details on MSDN.REMOVING UIAutomationCore.dll is ill-advised, as some apps REQUIRE it, and will fail to run without.It also behaves like a protected file. Windows will put an in-memory copy back on the hard disk if it disappears whilst loaded.Best regards,Robin.

The file search path behavior of Windows is such that placing a DLL file in the same folder as the executable should result in it being found and loaded instead of any version that resides elsewhere in the search path. There are more details on MSDN.REMOVING UIAutomationCore.dll is ill-advised, as some apps REQUIRE it, and will fail to run without.It also behaves like a protected file. Windows will put an in-memory copy back on the hard disk if it disappears whilst loaded.Best regards,Robin.
^^ This is most definitely true:uiautomctd.pngI placed a copy of the Vista version of the dll in my FSX folder and that's the one crashing now... always Rolling%20Eyes.gifI just got used to avoid using the menu as much as I can and it's been ages since I had my last uiautomationcore CTD, apart from the ones I forced, like this one

Yeah actually replacing the Windows 7 system32 version of this file with the Vista one is not recommended - there are other programs and parts of the OS that rely on the Win7 version being there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com