Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

How many more airports do have "extensions" (concours)...

I believe you are discussing what we in the US call 'jetways'.These are only available on the high definition default airports. A list of these can be found in the Scenery directory - as each airport will have its own subdirectory listed.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest haraldh

Thanks Mike!I tested about half of those twenty and it proved that you were absolutely right!Pity that no more than those have the jetways!I hope that some clever add-on creator will come up with some extra scenery and increase the number of airports with jetways! Some years ago there were some of these add-on jetways made for FS2000 (if I remember it right!)(I like the area in the NW part of the US. Some relatives of my wife live across the Columbia river in "Fort Vancouver" as they called it.I went there myself in the 70

Guest Philip Olson

Hi Haraldh, If you do a search in the library you will find a file called something like jetways & terminals and it has jetways added for several airports like Munich and Los Angeles among others, I think it is something like twelve airports. This will at least add a few more places for you. I do not recall the authors name right now but if you just enter jetways & terminals into the search field I am sure you will find it.Enjoy!Philip

Guest haraldh

Thanks Philip!I certainly will do that. Maybe LA is already equipped with the jetways by default - I have to figure that out too!Thanks for that tip!Haraldh

Hi Harald,the detailed default airports are:New York (JFK) - KJFK,Miami - KMIA,Atlanta - KATL,Chicago O'Hare - KORD,Dallas/Fort Worth - KDFW,Denver - KDEN,Las Vegas - KLAS,Phoenix - KPHX,Los Angeles - KLAX,San Francisco - KSFO,Seattle - KSEA,Anchorage - PANC,Tokyo (Narita) - RJAA,Sydney - YSSY,Paris (CDG) - LFPG,Amsterdam - EHAM,London (Heathrow) - EGLL,St Maarten - TNCMIn addition, there are lots of add-on airports available, both freeware and payware.For freeware, I recommend Shez Ansari's excellent sceneries for KLGA, KDCA and KCLE. Steve and Craig Mosher have done excellent sceneries for Maritime Canada. There's also a package covering 30 or so of the biggest airports in Norway. These are just a few, and they're all available right here in the Avsim library.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest haraldh

Thanks Gosta for the complete airport names for all the default airports!Yesterday I found out that all those default airports do have the jetways!I found some freeware ones too!But now I will do some more searching as you presented those names!Many thanks!Haraldh F.

Guest haraldh

I am sorry, folks, but I have totally forgotten to mention that I am using FS2004/FS9!So, are those "old" files for FS2002 still valid?Haraldh

Guest haraldh

Shown in one of the messages above, there are some (19) of the default airports that are equipped with jetways.After some more searching here on avsim.com and on flightsim.com I have found some add-on scenery with jetways for these US aiports (scenery for FS2004 in some cases and even for FS2002 will do!):KDCA, KSNA, KCLE, KLGA, KISP and KSLC. Some of them are hard on the fps!Using jetways made for FS2002 will work well for these airports as far as I could find out after some views from above (sorry for those stupid overflights over those aiports - I might be reported for that!):KOAK, KRNO, KPIT, KMSY, KMCI, KDSM, KSAN and KSTL.There are some airports with jetways outside US too!(All of these scenery I have put in scenery and texture folders resp. in a "jetways" folder in the FS9Addon scenery folder. It seems to work OK! No need for many folders. I keep the zip-files. I can easily find out which files to be deleted if needed!)So far I have found no good jetways for the Boston Logan airport (KBOS), but I hope that scenery might show up sooner (or later)!Thanks for getting me started on this!Haraldh

Hi Haraldh,>All of these scenery I have put in scenery and texture folders resp. in a "jetways" folder in the FS9Addon scenery folderhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest Dennis_F4i

Mike - you don't happen to have or know of an improved KPDX for FS9 do you?

Guest haraldh

Thanks for the tip!But I already have that one installed!By the way, I use UT (Ultimate Traffic) too! Many crowded airports! here and there there are 4-5 aircrafts ahead of me on the way to the t/o rwy! And sometimes we have to wait for some aircrafts coming in for landing as well!Closer to reality!Thanks anyway!Haraldh F.