Sign in to follow this  
hellfire_gr

DirectX errror on FSX startup

Hi all,a few weeks ago i decided to upgrade my motherboard because i had some issues with the old one.After changing my motherboard i'm experiencing some strange issues with FSX.All games & programms installed on my computer run fine just like before the upgrade.But every singele time i tried to load fsx the following error appeared:"A fatal error occured".I know that in this case the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the game..and thats what i did...Then i was 100% sure that i solved the problem.Its true that the previous error doesnt appear anymore but now a new error comes up every time i try to launch FSX.It says that my dx version is not compatible with the game's version( click on attached image for specific info).So here's what i did1)I tried to install dx from FSX CD1------>didnt work2)I tried to install dx from FSX CD1 by loading windows in safe mode--------->didnt work3)Downloaded and installed dx from microsoft;'s website-------->didnt work4)Downloaded and installed dx from microsoft;'s website (by loading windows in safe mode)my current dx version is DX11 (i need dx11 because im playing bad company 2)PC SPECS:OS:Windows 7 32 bit home premiumgraphics_:(>MSI ATI 5850 HD TWIN FROZR IIProcessor(cpu)_-_>Intel Core i7 860 @2.80 gHz4096 MB RAMmotherboard:H55M-UD2H P L E A S E H E L P A S A P ! ! !

You could try to delete the FSX.cfg file, a new one will be created when you restart FSX. If you've made any modifications to your .cfg make a backup and copy those back into the new .cfg once it is rebuilt

\Robert Hamlich/

Well, first of all, even though you have DirectX 11, you still have DirectX 9. Different versions co-exist with each other on the system, as some games will require one version while others will require another.Was what you installed the end-user runtime? Go here: My link If that's what you already tried, I don't know what's wrong.

fsx.cfg is located in appdata>roaming>Microsoft>fsx.In this directory the only thing that i can see is the dll.xml.Probably the other files will be created only when FSX loads up (fsx.cfg included).The problem is that the "new" FSX (after reinstall) wont start up at all,that's why i cant see my fsx.cfg file.I also tried to download & install the dx which was in the link you gave me but still no luck............

i just tried to copy & paste the fsx.cfg from my previous fsx installation in this dir:appdata>roaming>Microsoft>fsx.The results are still the same........

This is a strange one. Do you have all of the latest drivers installed? Including for the motherboard chipset? Also, make sure the onboard graphics is disabled in the BIOS.

i just downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card.The problem still occurs...I'll try to disable the motherboard's graphics card

I dont really know how to disable the onboard graphics but since i changed my motherboard there's something else that may interfere with FSX.Every time i start my pc a c++ error comes up (look at attached picture).I dont really know if this has something to do with Flight Simulator X but it may be a problem...

If you didn't reinstall Windows after switching the motherboard, is it possible you could do that? Something from the last motherboard may be conflicting here. Make sure to back up your data first.And from looking at the manual, you may not have to disable the onboard graphics, since the default is to only enable it if there's no video card installed. But, check to be sure that "Init Display First" is set to PEG (this is under Advanced BIOS Features). It defaults to PCI.

how can i reinstall windows without losing my data?Ive just checked the BIOS.Onboard graphics are disabled which means that the problem is definitely not there.I reinstalled fsx sp1 but i cant reinstall fsx acceleration because i did not enter fsx's serial number (actually i cant verify the game because i cant even load it)....

you don't say that you updated ALL the motherboard driver software. tyhat is the first thing you need to do after installing a new motherboard. If you just popped in a new mobo and added your old drives it could really foul things up. Try updating the mobo drivers and see what happens. Then try a repair install of FSX. If those don't work you might have to reinstall Windows.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I got a similar message in my new FSX\Gold\Accel. installation after I got hit by the mcAfee bug last year,back then I used FSX Std. I then downloaded the DX SDK June 2010 and installed and haven't had a problem since.