Sign in to follow this  
lovetofly28

Where do I get FMC data?

To anyone who knows,I am a Navigraph fan and I recently found that they updated FMC data for add-on aircraft including those made by PMDG. My question is; where is the best place to update FMC data, or does it not matter? Does PMDG update FMC data? I am just curious because according to Navigraph, my FMC is out of dateConfused.gif.Thanks,Spencer Hayes

Just buy some credits at navdata.at and get the latest cycle for PMDG.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Strange question if you are using navigraph, unless you are new to that.- navigraph provides airac cycles every month, so navdata gets updated then.- These contains the navdata for the add-on mentioned on their website (like PMDG, feelthere and many others)- Just download for the product you need, read the readme.txt file on installation - very often double click the .exe file to start installing- PMDG does not update FMC data but 1 airac cycle has been delivered with their products initially.Navigraph is as far as I know the one source that provides realworld navdata and convert it to your add-on formatting.So, I think you are at the right place for updating your FMC.Note: the FMC says your AIRAC CYCLE is out of date but you still can use the FMC as before. Only it could be that waypoints,SID and STARS etc... might have changed (fe. rwy nmbers, freq., routings)Hope this helps a bit

I wasn't clear, is there a preferred place to get it, or does it not matter? Just curious.Thanks,Spencer Hayes

I wasn't clear, is there a preferred place to get it, or does it not matter? Just curious.Thanks,Spencer Hayes
Since there is only one, I 'd say Navigraph is preferred. ;)

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

navigraph enables AIRAC updates for certain flight planners as well as your FMC. It is important to keep your flight plan waypoints and your FMC terminal procedure waypoints in sync as well as navaid data. For your subscription period one credit fee covers as many downloads in different formats as you require for that cycle.I use FSBuiild 2.4 which now uses navigraph to update its database. For those using fsbuild 2.x (payware) the update to 2.4 is free and the link is in the product page from your download history at simmarket.com. (The FSBuild upgrade includes cycle 1013.)For certain areas of the globe or specific airports there may be free PMDG AIRAC sources for terminal procedures only. For the US and UK/Ireland areas there is a free terminal procedure cycle 10/13 available at planepath.com. He was unable to voluntarily cover the cost of a paid subscription to his data and is awaiting enough donations to restart his source data update subscriptions. He covers other FMC products as well. Also check out the flightplans section of AVSIM to see what's available.