Sign in to follow this  
thefsxflyer

Mouse Lag

Just a quick question about FSX mouse lag. I heard that the ifly 737 has some mouse lag and the other day I was looking at my fps in the PMDG j41 noticing I suffer from the same problem. I think this maybe a fsx problem and not these addons problems. Is there any solution to this or is this something we all hope to be fixed in Flight.

Just a quick question about FSX mouse lag. I heard that the ifly 737 has some mouse lag and the other day I was looking at my fps in the PMDG j41 noticing I suffer from the same problem. I think this maybe a fsx problem and not these addons problems. Is there any solution to this or is this something we all hope to be fixed in Flight.
Yes. Set your Pre-render on your video card to 1. The default is 3. Made a wold of difference for me on my system.Jim

Jim Wenham

Actually this is a FSX bug ;-)

André

Just curious, what's this mouse lag you guys are talking about?I never notice any difference in FPS or performance when I am either using or not using the mouse.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just curious, what's this mouse lag you guys are talking about?I never notice any difference in FPS or performance when I am either using or not using the mouse.

Well it's a FSX bug and occurs on most systems when you move the mouse cursor in the VC in the window you will have a drop in FPS (the drop is also different per system)

André

Well it's a FSX bug and occurs on most systems when you move the mouse cursor in the VC in the window you will have a drop in FPS (the drop is also different per system)
Hmmm, interesting. I had never heard of that until recently.I will chalk that up as an anomaly that I am glad I dont suffer from.I wonder if it's caused by either your mouse settings or video card settings?

Hmmm, this is what suspected. I was hoping there was a tweak for it but I guess not. This is probably why I don't use VC the whole time is this mouse lag. I lose nearly 10FPS from it.I'll try Jim's suggestion but I am going to guess there isn't much we can do.

Hmmm, interesting. I had never heard of that until recently.I will chalk that up as an anomaly that I am glad I dont suffer from.I wonder if it's caused by either your mouse settings or video card settings?
I've had this bug since early FSX. I've tested a lot of different mouses (laser/optical/male - 'ball' haha), and they were different brands too. I've tried different USB ports (1.1/2/3.0) and on 3 different machines. Still have the issue. Though I will say none of the machines ran an AMD card...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've had this bug since early FSX. I've tested a lot of different mouses (laser/optical/male - 'ball' haha), and they were different brands too. I've tried different USB ports (1.1/2/3.0) and on 3 different machines. Still have the issue. Though I will say none of the machines ran an AMD card...
Weird stuff. I'm surprised I haven't heard more people complain about it in all these years. I'm guessing it could be one of those system specific thing though depending on numerous possibilities. I do remember when FS-GS was doing my setup they made some specific changes in some Windows settings and I remember something to do with the mouse settings being changed, however it was so long ago I dont really remember what was done. I just remember them telling me not to monkey around with any of the settings they made which I haven't since then.With these type of things who knows?

Weird stuff. I'm surprised I haven't heard more people complain about it in all these years. I'm guessing it could be one of those system specific thing though depending on numerous possibilities. I do remember when FS-GS was doing my setup they made some specific changes in some Windows settings and I remember something to do with the mouse settings being changed, however it was so long ago I dont really remember what was done. I just remember them telling me not to monkey around with any of the settings they made which I haven't since then.With these type of things who knows?
See I think FSGS is cool, but it would annoy me not to know every little thing they are doing. Anyway that was a little OT, but it certainly may be a Windows mouse related problem.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

See I think FSGS is cool, but it would annoy me not to know every little thing they are doing. Anyway that was a little OT, but it certainly may be a Windows mouse related problem.
LOL, you do know every little thing they are doing becuase they are doing it in front of you, whether you remember all the details is another story. In my case, it was so long ago that I dont remember half the stuff anymore, but I do remember most of the important lessons that I was taught.