Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

FSX tuner

Hi everyone!i saw in a thread a few weeks ago(i think) by Vcsimone, but i cant find it anymore, he mentioned a application (or webpage) that tuned fsx for the best performance I think, i cannot find it anymore...anyone remember?:-)Thanks for the help/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

I think this is what you're looking for.http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Yee that was it! Thanks a lot both of you!:-)After running it a rather strange problem occured, FSX flows really good but about every 10 seconds it lags one time and then flows again, this is very annoying, any ideas what might be wrong?Thanks again for your help/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Guest JohnnyVaughan

Hmmm....sometimes this can happen when you reload the shaders of FSX. But this usually disappears after the first time you run FSX...Have you run FSX again?

Yes, i have had this problem a while... so i have performed a few flights(started FSX a couple of times):(Thanks anyway!:)/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Hey all I ran ventubo and it generated a new .cfg file for me but i don't know where to put it. It's just sitting on my desktop. I've looked and looked through the FSX files but I can't find the .cfg that it's supposed to replace. Thanks for any help.Hiram Hunt

Hey all I ran ventubo and it generated a new .cfg file for me but i don't know where to put it. It's just sitting on my desktop. I've looked and looked through the FSX files but I can't find the .cfg that it's supposed to replace. Thanks for any help.Hiram Hunt
If you're using Win7, it goes in C:\Users\(Your User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXThere's two Windows settings that are important for being able to see the folder and files correctly though:Go to Control Panel\Folder Options- Set "Show hidden files and folders" to on. (the AppData folder is hidden by default)- Uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types." (this lets you see the ".cfg" on the end of the file - otherwise it just shows up as "fsx" - I hate that MS defaults this setting to on, it just encourages people to not understand how files really work in Windows)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I had the same problem in the past. Every 30 seconds the FSX stopped for a second or two and resumed.The reason was the auto-save feature of the registered FSUIPC. It was turned on (good idea) and set to an intervall to 30 seconds (bad idea).Check for this.Regards,Torsten