Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

Bug reports

This topic is for bug reports only.Please read carefully the FAQ section before reporting a bug.Note:Please supply your reports with detailed information on your system config, hardware equipment connected and the LINDA Console output.Console could be opened from the LINDA menu on th Settings page or by pressing F1. If console output is empty for some reason then attach fsuipc4.log and linda2.log files to your report.Current bugz list:

• Keypress recorder doesn't record Numpad keys correctly -- low priority

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Hi,I buy today the MCP Combo so it is my first attempt to use it.Following the Testing Guide i write in FSUIPC exactly the necessary lines.First I dont pay attention of the port number.In fact my used port is not COM3 but COM5.The LINDA console show me that i am not on the good port.I modify in LINDA Setup MCP Combo and in FSUIPC.INI and all is ok now.MCP is running well for the first knobs i turn (ALT, HDG, ...).Just a message appears when i click in the console windows (see picture 1).I thinck also that all is not completed in the console.It stop writting there : see picture 2MCP works well after the error but nothing more in the console.I continue the tests and settings ....Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi again,I try to settup the PMDG MD11.Clicking the 3 blocks i read the "ident" of the different "mode"For the 3 block (RADIO) i have :- mode 1 ident EFIS- mode 2 ident LGHTlike for the block 1 (EFIS)Is that correct ?Michel

Michel Veréb

Aha.. I'll check it tomorrow.'Efis' ident on the radios block is not correct, but you can change it yourself anytime.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Another question ...When i click on a different button, it seems i must click 3 times before LINDA take it in account.On the same button the click is directly recognized.Exemple :MD11 settingClick on WPT : nothingClick on WPT : nothingClick on WPT : ok for WPTClick on APRT : WPT disapearsClick on APRT : WPT reapperasClick on ARPT : ok for ARPTIt is the same with the knob (turning it 3 times) and all the buttonsHave you an idea ?

Michel Veréb

Hi,Some news about my problems this morning.1. Access violation : If i run LINDA first and FSX after then i have the error else notLesson : Start FSX first and LINDA after2. Need of multiple push on buttons to have a resultIf i run SerialFP first, close it, and then run LINDA then i have no problemIf i run FSX then LINDA then i have the problemLesson : Start SerialFP then start FSX, stop SerialFP then start LINDASo i have workarround for my problems.Have a good day then.Michel

Michel Veréb

1. Access violation : If i run LINDA first and FSX after then i have the error else notLesson : Start FSX first and LINDA after
Confirmed. Fixed.
2. Need of multiple push on buttons to have a resultIf i run SerialFP first, close it, and then run LINDA then i have no problemIf i run FSX then LINDA then i have the problemLesson : Start SerialFP then start FSX, stop SerialFP then start LINDA
Trying to reproduce, but no luck.. Do you have the [VRinsight] section in your fsuipc.log?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

You need to remove the COM=* line in the FSUIPC4.ini that allows FSUIPC to find the MCP and assign buttons and dials directly, I saw the same problem until I removed it.You can leave any other COM entries for other VRi devices that are in the [VRinsight] section intact as they are not effected and can still be used in FSUIPC in the normal way.

Cheers, Andy.

Guys (Andy, especially), check please, do you have any reaction delays on MCP Combo rotaries? Mine BARO and HDG rotaries are little laggy now. This could be detected by FAST rotating the knob. And then if you stop turning the knob, values inside FSX a still continue to change until some buffer is empty.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

BARO is a little slow and delayed, it continues to move for a short time after you have stopped turning the dial. HDG is not effected in the same way though, that is normal.The CRS dial is effected in the same way, i.e. slow to react and slow to stop. Interestingly if you use the CRS adjust function on the radio section of the MCP i.e. activate the DME display page then use the dial in the radio section this adjusts the CRS too and this one is not effected and works normally.I wonder if the CRS display information you are sending to the main display when using the CRS dial on the MCP is causing an issue as the main display isn't updated when using the CRS dial on the radio DME page.

Cheers, Andy.

Yes, it seems to be conneted with display indication updates sent form Lua.Will try to fix it or reduce the delays at least..

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Have to revert back to setting com-port inside [VRinsight] of fsuipc4.ini.It works much stable than direct COM-port connection..That will be in the next update..

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I prefer using it that way anyway to be honest Artem, I find it much more convenient to be able to use a mixture of both LINDA and FSUIPC.

Cheers, Andy.

I need to automize the fsuipc.ini editing then...It's simple in case of one VRI device in the system, but with the several devices it will not be so easy.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi AndyI remove the line in FSUIPC.INI and all is ok nowThanks for the supportMichel

Michel Veréb