Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

FS Panel Studio

Guest Coneman

Just curious if this works well in FS9? I'm not a gauge programmer, just want to place them on my bitmaps.Thanks,Todd

Guest rogue1

It is working well for me. When FS2004 first shipped, I was fooling it to point to FS2004, but Ed has updated it to work with FS2004 a while back. Jim

Speaking as a "non-developer" but devoted tinkerer, I think FS Panel Studio is an EXCELLENT product .. works well in FS9.I use it to add FSMeteo and Pushback Icons, whatever .. and to fiddle with adding the Reality-XP set of gauges. Very easy to use and protects "careless" folks like me who "might" forget to make a copy of the panel.cfg before diving in!!!A definite "MUST HAVE" if you want to play with panels.

Guest Terblanche

... and you can jump from FSPS to your favourite BMP editor (like PSP) and edit your background bmp's... and you could resize and drag and drop your gauges where and however you want them... and you could edit your gauges if you don't like the color... and you could take out any gauge and replace it with another one... and you could export your panel with gauges to a folder of your choice... and it will edit your gauges folder and get rid of all the unused gauges... and ... and ... andLatest build number 14852Released on Oct 03, 2003I absolutely agree with the above mentioned posts!! FS Panel Studio must be THE addon for MSFS, (accept maybe FSNAV) that I'm using most of the times.

Guest SoarPics

"FS Panel Studio must be THE addon for MSFS, (accept maybe FSNAV) that I'm using most of the times."Yep! :-beerchug

Guest Coneman

OK, OK I'll get it! :-) Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.Todd

Guest JoeW

I have one gripe with this program. It has a nasty habit of re-sizing the GPS panels. Even though the GPS already has a size in the cfg, It adds another. And.... I always forget to go in and check it before saving.Otherwise .... It's greatJoe W.

I find it works beautifully for me in FS9, and in fact, since I put out a few panels on AVSIM here and there, cannot imagine living without it. Ed Struzinsky's support is fantastic, and he is constantly releasing updates to the software. Highly recommended.Alex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I'll second that! I have been using it since I had it for FS2002. It works GREAT! Ed has always answered my e-mails and is always friendly and helpful. Buy it, you won't be sorry. I learned more about panel creation from it than from the M/S SDK for FS2002. Regards, Bob.

Guest Douglas K

FS Panel Studio is a great utility. I said this recently in reply to another topic; it's the best Flight Simulator related item I've ever purchased. The registered version of FSUIPC comes in a close second. While FS Panel Studio does have a few minor problems, if you try editing the panel.cfg file with notepad (which is how I did it when I began editing panels), and then after much work and frustration with the notepad method crank up FS Panel Studio and see how easy it can be, you'll be ready to declare Ed a genius.Not to turn this into a commercial, but FS Sound studio is also a great tool for editing or creating new sounds for your MSFS aircraft. I was editing the volume and rate parameters with a text editor and the results were a complete disaster (and that's putting it mildly!:)).With FS Sound Studio I was able to make productive changes to my aircraft sounds, and gain a thorough knowledge of exactly what goes on in the sound.cfg file to combine all the wav files into the MSFS aircraft sounds we are all familiar with. It was money well spent, and I recommend all of the above to anyone interested in customizing their aircraft panels and sounds.

Guest hermes

found solution with Ed help : copy msvcr70.dll from FSPS directory to windowssystem