Sign in to follow this  
c152flyboy

Orbx expo and conference in Washington State

John over at Orbx is trying to estimate how much interest there would be in people attending this possible future event in Washington State this fall. I t was posted on the Orbx web site but i thought i would post it here as well for people who love the Orbx scenery but may have missed the posting. If you would at all be interested in attending, you have to sign up for the Orbx forum to tell them you would be interested in having this event so you could attend. Below is the copy from the Orbx post.We're considering holding a one-day event, possibly at the Bellevue Hilton, which will be a celebration of the Orbx Pacific Northwest (and NA BLUE series regions). The plan is to have a day-long expo and conference event, followed by a gala dinner. Hre's what we are thinking of including:- Meet and greet the Orbx development team- Presentations by Holger, Bill, JV and other developers- FSX tuning workshop- Scenery design workshops- Guest speakers from the FS industry and other developers, ie Lockheed Martin etc- Sneak previews of beta Orbx products (regions, airports, aircraft)- Hands-on flight booths- Gala 3-course dinner with special guest speaker- Possible Boeing factory tour the following day- Held in the Fall, possibly October/NovemberWe would charge only an amount to cover the costs, I.e. Ballroom hire, audio visual, catering. We are not seeking a profit. The cost would be determined by how many positive replies we get tot this poll. I would factor in somewhere between US$50 - $100, depending on the amount of interest shown. We would also work with the Hilton to get special room rates for those staying overnight.Thanks for your votes!Please, only a yes/no poll answer at this stage, and of course we are thinking of doing an Australian and European event as well, but later in the year or in 2012EDIT: We need at least 150 'yes' votes to even consider making this event work.