Sign in to follow this  
golfbravo

FlyTampa KSEA CTD

Hiya everyone,I've been using FlyTampa's Seattle scenery for some time now, and have been enjoying it; however, all of my flights have been during the day or early in the morning. Just now, I tried operating a flight that departs SEA at night, and immediately after loading, the sim crashed with the message "flight simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close". I thought it might have been a conflict with the aircraft (QWSim 757), so I switched equipment but the same thing happened. It did not happen during the day. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what suggestions do you have? Thanks for reading,George

Try loading your scenery with AI traffic off. If it loads fine, it might indicate a faulty AI aircraft which is present at KSEA at that time of the day (or night rather).

Thank you for your help, Rafal. I took your advice, and sure enough it was an AI problem. Since the last update I did to my AI in that area was Horizon Air (I recently installed AIG's Summer 2010 flightplans), I figured that must've been the culprit. Indeed, after deleting the traffic file, everything has returned to normal. Only problem is that I'm not sure which AI plane(s) was to blame for the corruption. At first I thought it was the Alaska Airlines repaints I substituted (I used the Alaska Q400 instead of the 25th anniv. and substituted the Skywest Alaska CR7 for the Horizon paint). However, the problem persisted when I used the prescribed paint schemes...very strange. Perhaps I'll go back to WOAI's Summer 2009 package and see if that helps. Anyhoo, thanks again! And if anyone knows of any corrupt Horizon Air paint schemes for either the AIG CR7 or the TFS Q400, please let me know!Cheers,George

Thank you for your help, Rafal. I took your advice, and sure enough it was an AI problem. Since the last update I did to my AI in that area was Horizon Air (I recently installed AIG's Summer 2010 flightplans), I figured that must've been the culprit. Indeed, after deleting the traffic file, everything has returned to normal. Only problem is that I'm not sure which AI plane(s) was to blame for the corruption. At first I thought it was the Alaska Airlines repaints I substituted (I used the Alaska Q400 instead of the 25th anniv. and substituted the Skywest Alaska CR7 for the Horizon paint). However, the problem persisted when I used the prescribed paint schemes...very strange. Perhaps I'll go back to WOAI's Summer 2009 package and see if that helps. Anyhoo, thanks again! And if anyone knows of any corrupt Horizon Air paint schemes for either the AIG CR7 or the TFS Q400, please let me know!Cheers,George
And when all else fails...... http://www.flytampa.org/forum/Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Thanks Randy, I suppose I should've posted over on their forum, but I didn't have the patience at the time to set up another account lol. Plus, I've since figured out that this problem isn't related to the scenery; it was the AI traffic - in particular, the Horizon Air repaints I used for the flightplans. I still have to figure out which one it was (might've been one of the sports-themed schemes). Cheers!George