Sign in to follow this  
blackheart2502

Dog Days of Summer

Well the dog days of summer have arrived here in Texas. I'm just hoping a certain long anticipated piece of simulation software will appear in the PMDG store soon. It would be so nice to have something new and exciting to do while sitting in the cool air conditioning. All the other past times have grown stale and boring. Knowing this new software will be coming some day makes it hard to get excited about another game of solitaire or one more spin around the virtual pattern in a lesser add-on. PMDG please relieve the tedium of buzzing about in my lovely Katana. It's a wonderful bird but it's sooo hot in the summer. The cool breeze of some pack cooled CFM bleed air would be so nice. Will there be a Christmas in June this year?Hiram Hunt

I know how you feel about the heat, I live in the Dallas area and it's 100 degrees and humid.Although when I lived in southern Arizona it wasn't uncommon to get days over 110 degrees. Although people say it's "dry heat" and isn't that bad. I beg to differ!! I'll take 100 and humid over 110-115 any day.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'll take 100 and humid over 110-115 any day.Sean Campbell
No way Jose, humidity is the DEVIL!

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

No way Jose, humidity is the DEVIL!
I was stationed at Fort Bliss and Fort Sam Houston in the early 1980's, to me no place is more humid than San Antonio.There were days on end when we couldn't do P.T. at Sam. El Paso was hot but dry. So yeah humidity is the bad stuff.

The dog days of summer are in August!James Lawrence Skorna09-30-605' 7"Blond HairBlue EyesCorrective Lenses...............because I know the un-official forum police are out there, from my visits to other threads.

Here in Japan its going to be the same :(What worse is that the places that suffered the tsunami smells really really bad. Best described as dead fish. And due to Fukushima there is not much electricity so we are fighting not to use the airconditioner. This is going to be the hottest summer ever :(. Well that has pursuaded me to get a solar panel but I have to wait till the end of autumn. Damn!!!

Although when I lived in southern Arizona it wasn't uncommon to get days over 110 degrees. Although people say it's "dry heat" and isn't that bad. I beg to differ!! I'll take 100 and humid over 110-115 any day.
Was 110 yesterday here - 102 right now.At least we'll start getting awesome thunderstorms in another couple weeks when monsoon starts.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Although people say it's "dry heat" and isn't that bad. I beg to differ!! I'll take 100 and humid over 110-115 any day.
I think it just depends on what your body likes, or hates more as the case may be. Personally, I'd take the 110-115 over the 100 and humid without a second thought. I've spent time in Phoenix in 110°+ heat, I much prefer that over what we get here in KC during the summer, and it doesn't even get all that bad here.

I'd trade the humidity of east Texas for the dry heat of west Texas any day of the week.

Yeah I lived in PHX for a couple of years and when it hits 110 it's crazy hot. The whole dry heat thing is total bull when it's that hot. The hottest it got in Iraq while I was there was 127. And it was humid because we were only a few hundred yards from the Euphrates. That was INSANE!!! Ryan everyone will be very envious of you when the monsoon starts. We haven't had rain down here in forever. We have a 30% chance next Wednesday. It's been weeks since the last time it rained a little. We're not even getting afternoon pop up CB's. We're all envious of your hard drive too. lolHiram Hunt

Come to Duluth MN - RVR of about 800 this morning, VV001 LOL! 57 degrees right now! Yay!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You guys should come to south Alabama if you don't mind drowning in the air.

I know how you feel about the heat, I live in the Dallas area and it's 100 degrees and humid.Although when I lived in southern Arizona it wasn't uncommon to get days over 110 degrees. Although people say it's "dry heat" and isn't that bad. I beg to differ!! I'll take 100 and humid over 110-115 any day.Sean Campbell
I disagree, being Australian I have also had my fair share of hot dry days (105F-115F for weeks on end straight sometimes) and manage to deal with it ok but after visiting Japan in it's full humidity I couldn't stand it even if it was well under 100F.

Can't wait for those 120+F temps here in Las Vegas. Pheonix has it worse though; didn't they have a day where it was so hot PHX practically shut down?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Yeah I lived in PHX for a couple of years and when it hits 110 it's crazy hot. The whole dry heat thing is total bull when it's that hot.
I agree like I mentioned before, but like others said, it probably depends on the person.For me the type of dry 110 to 120 degree heat is more of a searing, burning heat, that just drains the life out of you, but 100 and humid, while uncomfortable, doesn't have the same effect on me, its more of a minor inconvenience. When I lived in Tucson I would have to cover my steering wheel because it would get so hot that it would almost feel like it was turning into molten vinyl or whatever steering wheels are made of. Not only that but the heat was so intense that over time it could or would crack your front and rear dash board if you left it uncovered. I made the mistake of owning a car once with black leather seats and I would carry a beach towl in the summer to lay down on my seats when I got in to keep from burning the skin off my back, butt and legs when it touched the leather sitting down. In Texas the heat doesn't seem to have the same effect.I'll say the absolute worst heat I have ever felt is in the area of Bullhead City and Kingman, Az during the summer where they would usually record the hottest temps in the state during the summer. My buddy and I both owned some speed boats and would take them up to Laughlin/Bullhead City during the summer to ride up and down the Colorado River. I remember temps hitting 118 to 123 and the heat was just horrible. I mean when you go outside it feels like the sun is buring the skin off your face. Almost so bad that after being outside for 10 minutes would make you feel nauseous. We would take the boats out but would stop about every 10 minutes and jump in the river to cool off with our shorts and t-shirts still on. When we got out drenched it was so hot that we and our clothes would be completely dry in a matter of minutes. Night time wasn't much better as it would cool to nippy 105 at night, lol.
At least we'll start getting awesome thunderstorms in another couple weeks when monsoon starts.
I used to love the monsoon season. Every day would start off clear and super hot, but then around 3pm the storms would start to roll in for a nice storm. Its been 11 years since I lived in AZ, but I can still remember that smell of the desert in the summer after it rained. To this day I still love that smell and just thinking of it, I can almost smell it.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator