Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

Strange Graphics Issue

Hi All,I just completed the build of a new system (specs) and have a small texture issue with the MD11. It seems during instance where I am close to the ground, this happens:Untitled.jpgIt usually appears only in 2D, when I move from an external view back into the 2D, and only when on the captain's side. Changing an internal view to anywhere in the cockpit and then back to the main panel makes it go away. Normally this only happens below 8000 feet, climbing or descending. Anyhow any help would be great. More info:FSX w/AccelerationWin7 Pro x64HIMEMFIX is the only fsx.cfg tweakNo other graphics anomolies.

Make sure you're running the latest Nvidia drivers (not just whatever Windows 7 put in by default) if you haven't already, and also make sure to download and install the latest DirectX 9 web setup.

G'day Allan,I know it's a nuisance, but have you considered an uninstall/reinstall? I'm not familiar with the problem you're seeing, so unless anyone else has seen this and can chime in, that'd be my first suggestion.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I definitely have the latest nVidia drivers, so that shouldnt be an issue. As a precaution, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the MD11 and related service pack. Hopefully that does the trick.

Allan, if it doesn't work after reinstall, I notice you have a bank of green icons down on the left hand side of the panel. Forgive my ignorance but what are those? I'm a full time VC flier but I'm 99.9% sure those aren't "stock" PMDG buttons. Do you have FS2crew or something similar installed?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Allan,I have the same issue.I've replaced my ATI HD5870 with a nVidia GTX580 recently and installed everything from scratch.Spec:Asus P6T Deluxe v2 with i7-920 @ 4GHz and 6GB RameVGA GTX-580 @ stock speeds with v275.33 nvidia drivers and inspector settings as per Ryan's advise.System running Win 7 x64 ultimate and FSX w/acceleration with Bojote's tweaks including the HIGHMEM fix (was necessary with the ATI card)Addons running when flying the MD-11 are FS2Crew, ASE and FSUIPC.All directx updates installed.I haven't flow the MD-11 for a long time, but I don't recall having the same problem with the ATI videocard.I use esc and than resume flight to solve the problem, but if someone has got a permanent solution, that would be great.Regards,Raoul

Raoul La Rose

A little update, the issue still remains after a full ininstall and reinstall. Actually, now that I have done that, the issue seems to be more prevalent, and at this moment I am experiencing this issue and cannot get it to reset to normal unless I exit out of full screen and back into FSX Also, this issue has caused some anomolies in the virtual cockpit as well. I am thinking my next step is going to be removal/reinstallation of the graphics driver, but Im not feeling all warm and fuzzy that it will fix it. Anyone else got any ideas?

AllanI have graphics issues with MD-11. You can see images of the problems I have at this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336772-md-11-issue/. For image 1 I do what Raoul mentioned in his post - press the Esc button and then click on Continue Flying. I just started a flight from KLAX to EDDF and when I did a spot view of MD-11F it had no cargo doors and most of the cargo containers were trailing behind the plane. Esc/Continue Flying fixed the issue.Michael Cubine