Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Level-D 763

Having read a good few posts here about simmers virtually tearing their hair out in exasperation at repeated CTDs, I too am rapidly beginning to join that trend of thinking, asking myself,did MSFS actually beta test this FS extensively or was it like their infamous Me OS,released to make a fast buck without a thorough testing which may explain why Ace Studios disappeared off the face,as has been allegorically remarked in a post herein.Scenario:Perfect T/O from YMML to Park at YPPH with the Level-D 763 using FS2Crew VC.Just before shutdown I tried to use the inherent Ground Call to ask for ground power connection.Result?Instant CTD caused by faulting module StackHash_b87cAnyone ever come across this faulting module or can tell me what is it related to,or what is causing it?

Have you posted at the Level D forum? Here is what I found using google:http://www.stackhash...kHash_b87c.aspxA StackHash is literally a hash of the stack at the time a crash occurred in an unidentifiable module. See What is StackHash for an in-depth discussion of StackHash crashes and possible causes.StackHash_b87c is a module used to bucket (correlate) Windows Error Reporting crashes into aWinQual event where the crashes are likely to have the same underlying cause.

\Robert Hamlich/

I had stackhash in other AC too, i doubt its LevelD's fault.THe 767 has actually been one of the most stable AC

Have you posted at the Level D forum? Here is what I found using google:http://www.stackhash...kHash_b87c.aspxA StackHash is literally a hash of the stack at the time a crash occurred in an unidentifiable module. See What is StackHash for an in-depth discussion of StackHash crashes and possible causes.StackHash_b87c is a module used to bucket (correlate) Windows Error Reporting crashes into aWinQual event where the crashes are likely to have the same underlying cause.
Thanks for that in-depth reply,Robert.have looked up your links but am no nearer why merely clicking on a button should cause this CTD.

I had stackhash in other AC too, i doubt its LevelD's fault.THe 767 has actually been one of the most stable AC
Same here. For me the LDS767 has been a beacon of peace and tranquility amidst a sea of CTD-ing aircraft.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

UpdateFor starters,let me clarify that I never subscribed this fault to be alluded to Level-D's 767-300ER.That out of the way,I tried another flight,another airport,PHNL.Selected a FS2Crew panel load,then deliberately went to the inherent Ground Crew call button,and selected the options for making Power and Air connections fully expecting a CTD.Astonishimgly,smooth sailing.I'm going to now try and recreate the CTD at the arrival airport,KSFO to eliminate if it is an FS2Crew Voice Commander issue or maybe something else.Will update as and when.Wonder if MS's Windows8 will be any better at eliminating these hard code errors?

It's my guess that it'll be worse. Not because of it being a bad operating system, but because we are now a few versions past the operating system FSX was designed for, and with Flight on the way, why should MS do people who want to stick with their old sim any favours? They are in the business of selling new software, not keeping old software alive.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm going to now try and recreate the CTD at the arrival airport,KSFO to eliminate if it is an FS2Crew Voice Commander issue or maybe something else.
I remember this issue from when I first got the Level-D 767. This was before I'd even heard of FS2Crew so I doubt that is the cause of the problem. I learnt to treat that ground call button with some respect :biggrin:It was never something that I could reproduce at will, and it didn't occur that frequently. Just one of those things.

Rick, I see now that you are using FS2Crew. The Level D767 will crash if you do not have 2-D instrument panel selected in FSX Settings. Just throwing it out there in case you missed that.

\Robert Hamlich/

Rick, I see now that you are using FS2Crew. The Level D767 will crash if you do not have 2-D instrument panel selected in FSX Settings. Just throwing it out there in case you missed that.
Thanks for that HU,Robert.But as I eschew using VC panels,I always generally use 2D panels,so as de rigueur,also use 2D panels whenever I'm using FS2Crew.Update#2I can now fully sympathise with others who have are thoroughly fed-up with either FSX or a combination of FSX+Win7.(1)Earlier on,at PHNL gate,loaded the FS2Crew panel;went to select Level-D's ground crew call.No problems there.Ground crew connected the power and the air.Took off,en route to KSFO until I inadvertently while trying to close one window too many ended up inadvertently shutting down FSX. Ah,well,you win some you lose some.It's only a sim,no lives lost!(2)So,reloaded FSX once more.Back to same scenario,same airport,same gate.Tried the same Level-D ground crew call.And yes,CTD'd.Checked Event Log expecting to see that StackHash error.Instead,I see terrain.dll,g3d.dll.What the----?So,back to square one.(3)Repeated above scenario.And this time the CTD was caused by an error that has manifested itself here time after time,ntdll.dllWhat on earth gives? Is it an FS2Crew-caused error,or an LDS767-caused error,or an FSX-caused error,or plain old stupid Windows 7 throwing up its usual tantrums? Googled for possible answers but there is such a plethora of outdated answers there that it gets even more confusing than unravelling the Minoan maze.Now,before using Nick's tweaks,I had set my Page File at 2.5x system RAM.Nick advocated 3072Mb on both Mim,and Max.So,I'm throwing this open to the smarter simmers than me.

HelloThere is a solution, but I seem to draw a lot of flak whenever I mention it.Chock was getting warm though

You don't mean read the small print on the FSX case surely?

You don't mean read the small print on the FSX case surely?
HelloGetting warmer :(

....Use Windows XP 64bit....?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case