Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Level-D 763

Update#3Boy,this hobby of ours has an unique way of either proving a pleasure to indulge in at times,or at worst make us want to tear our hair out!(1)Re-booted.Started FSX with usual default Trike,then opted for the Level-D 767.Selected PHNL(FSDT's),heavy gate,night=FSX CTD'd.What's new? Checked Event Log again.Again,terrain.dll,g3d.dll errors.(2)Googled.Saw another poster using Aerosoft scenery having same issues,etc.Then decided to take a wild shot and updated the ATi GPU drivers to latest.Re-booted.(3)Step 1 repeated+FSC9 to give me the map follower,no REX,or anything of that sort.Loaded FS2Crew start-up panel which takes power from the APU.So far so good.Tried the LDS's power+air call-ups again,and amazingly,no CTD.Even managed to switch of the APU.Holy Smoke! Then,close to start-up as per the Voice Commander schedule,was even able to disconnect LDS's power+air at gate after switching to APU,and then disconnect LDS's inter-phone after push-back +good starts.Now safely en route to KSFO. What gives with this crazy,sometimes enjoyable and times downright maddening hobby?

....Use Windows XP 64bit....?
HelloWe have a winnerIf you would like to run FSX with all of the compatability & stability it had under XP but would prefer to miss out on the OOM issues of 32bit then XP64 is the logical choice.I only mention this as I have Zero issues with either Sim with loads of addons and hardware connected.I will now put my tin hat on and duck for cover :(

There is a rather long sicky thread on this very issue in the Level D FSX forum. It would be worth trying the things mentioned in there if you haven't already.I also agree with above poster. XP64 is the better platform for FSX.

Stephen Munn

HelloWe have a winnerIf you would like to run FSX with all of the compatability & stability it had under XP but would prefer to miss out on the OOM issues of 32bit then XP64 is the logical choice.I only mention this as I have Zero issues with either Sim with loads of addons and hardware connected.I will now put my tin hat on and duck for cover :(
Thanks for that very helpful suggestion.Trying to get a WinXP 64-bit is even much more difficult than the trials and tribulations I had nailing this down.No need for your tin hat though!

Thanks for that very helpful suggestion.Trying to get a WinXP 64-bit is even much more difficult than the trials and tribulations I had nailing this down.No need for your tin hat though!
HelloEbay seems to be the best place now.But for some reason it seems to attract a lot of bids and consequently can get expensive

HelloEbay seems to be the best place now.But for some reason it seems to attract a lot of bids and consequently can get expensive
Silly me! Now why did I not think of that? Yes,a 64-bit XP would also address my 16Gb RAM,or I hope it'd do.But I'm a bit aware of Alan's comment of the sim going backwards with an old OS.Thanks for the tip all the same.

Silly me! Now why did I not think of that? Yes,a 64-bit XP would also address my 16Gb RAM,or I hope it'd do.But I'm a bit aware of Alan's comment of the sim going backwards with an old OS.Thanks for the tip all the same.
HelloIt is an old Sim that benefits from being run on the platform that was around at the time it was developed.Starting its Development under XP and DX9, in the beginning MS had hoped that FSX would be a marquee release to herald the arrival of Vista.Unfortunately Vista bombed, 5ghz single core cpu's never happened and Aces never got round to completing DX10 support -- then got fired..There is nothing in W7 that FSX absolutely needs, added to that W7 is still a moving target with constant updates that risk destabilising the house of cards that is FSX + addons.My system here runs without issue using XP64 Dx9c and Nvidia driver 182.50, TrackIr driver is one revision back on purpose.Recently I have updated to the new Goflight Drivers which have included i-fly support but will view this set with suspicion until proved stable on my Sim rig, if something does go screwy I know what to blame.I may at some future date have to move OS's if new hardware dictates, but for now it all works fine.Luddite?, this hobby makes you that way in the end :(

Final UpdateTime to file the latest,and fingers crossed,Last Update.Just landed at KSFO(Flightbeam's),night.At heavy gate,went through the Shutdown Checklist with my 'grumpy FS2Crew FO.Saved the flight,then went to the LDS's ground crew call to connect power and air fully anticipating that CTD.Voila! Power+Air connected! Time to disconnect the APU and get the hell out of here,FO.What's ya name,BTW?All works now.Phew! What I do not know for sure is,did increasing the Page File from Nick's 3720Mb or the latest ATi drivers make that significant swing? Thanks for the various inputs.

Just when I thought I had overcome the g3d.dll error bringing down FSX,as per previous post,lo and behold the gremlin strikes again.And caused by? After a long FS2Crew Voice created KSFO-PHNL flight,just about to commence descent into PHNL,FA's button in the middle driving me bananas with its constant bing-bong,went to switch it off,and down comes FSX.Event Log reports faulting module as g3d.dll. As per MS ran dxdiag,passed all tests,so what exactly triggers this g3d.dll to crash FSX? I have searched high and low for an answer.Nobody seems to have found a solution that I have been able to source.Maybe somebody has an answer? How can merely pressing a button bring down FSX?

Rick, have you thought of posting over at the FS2Crew forum by any chance? I am sure you are becoming extremely frustrated, you might as well give it a try.

\Robert Hamlich/

Rick, have you thought of posting over at the FS2Crew forum by any chance? I am sure you are becoming extremely frustrated, you might as well give it a try.
Hi Robert.Thank you for your suggestion.Yes,I have given thought to posting over at the FS2Crew forum as this issue with a simple thing of a crew call button generating a g3d.dll CTD is so,so maddening.

Hi Robert.Thank you for your suggestion.Yes,I have given thought to posting over at the FS2Crew forum as this issue with a simple thing of a crew call button generating a g3d.dll CTD is so,so maddening.
Rick,Not sure if it'll help, but check out this thread on the Level-D 767 Support forum:http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21297&PN=1&title=solutiOn-ctd-ground-menu-windows7

Rick,Not sure if it'll help, but check out this thread on the Level-D 767 Support forum:http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21297&PN=1&title=solutiOn-ctd-ground-menu-windows7
Thanks for that HU,Bryan,but I have already got that UIAutomationCore.dll in my FSX root directory.Did it ages ago.But I'll try that trick again,just in case it got corrupted.Will update if any more issues.