Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Cap

New Graphics Card

I am considering upgrading my system.I eventually will be getting a new Ivy Bridge CPU when it comes out but for now I am sticking tow hat I have now.--[sPECS IN SIGNATURE] I used to have 1 23 inch Acer monitor but, I decided to upgrade to 3 because of the incredible view aspect. So far with my 5870, I am VERY unhappy with the performance it gives me in FSX.:((Display Driver crashes glitchy drivers etc etc)--The ONLY reason I bought it was because it supported ATI EYEFINITY which enables you to run 3 monitors on a SINGLE GPU. Anyways back to the point:Last year I had the single 23 Acer monitor running on 1 NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 250.-- I really enjoyed this card but it didn't support 3 monitors.[bTW, Performance in FSX was great with this card and the drivers were FLAWLESS.] Would it be at all feasible for me to purchase 2 GTX560's or 2 GTX560ti's?--NVIDIA now has a technology called "SURROUND" which is identical to EYEFINITY.ALSO NOTE-- Nvidia Surround REQUIRES you to use 2 graphics cards and run them in SLI.--Surround also is only supported on the new FERMI GPU architecture.--(GTX4XX's series and GTX5XX's series)So, should I upgrade to 2 GTX 560'S? or 2 560ti's?--Money is tight, I can only afford those two 560's or 2 560ti's.

You could buy 1 card & triplehead2go