Sign in to follow this  
Guest Galant VR4

Noisy Dell XPS?

Guest JosephSAnderson

I would like to purchase a Dell XPS 3 GHz machine, but am wondering how loud it is with its several fans. I had a Dell earlier, which I believe was meant to function as a "server" (a PowerEdge 1400) and its fans were VERY LOUD.Can anyone confirm that a top-of-the-line XPS is indeed quiet enough to function as an "in-room" computer and to enjoy the sounds of flight simming?Thanks,Joe

Guest dogknot

I've got one too Joe, and have never been overwhelmed with fan noise. I think it's a great machine!

Guest Galant VR4

I have an XPS and I can say it is louder than all the other machines I have owned but I am getting use to it. I love the computer though and it runs FS9 like a dream.

I have a 3GHz XPS and it runs FS9 VERY WELL. The fans make a little more noise than my old Dell 4100 but they are not distracting. The XPS is a great machine for FS!

Guest SlimDady

well if you get it and its noisy you can always go out and buy some quiet fans

Guest MEA707

I built my own PC from scratch and I put 4 fans in it (2 80mm and 2 92mm). In addition to that, my Power Supply has 2 fans, the motherboard has a fan, the videocard has a fan, and the CPU has a fan so I have a total of 9 fans in it.I can tell you that it is the loudest PC I ever owned, but it certainly isn't disturbing at all. It's just a peaceful hum. For the first couple days, I thought it's higher noise level was a bit annoying but now I don't even notice it anymore. Especially since it's not an ugly sound and just a smooth hum.I've heard a lot of great things about the Dell XPS, you should enjoy it a lot if you decide to buy one.Regards