167 members have voted

1. 1. Wife Vs. Me & FSX - Who wins?

• FSX hands down - fully supportive partner
    • I do ok - the odd Nag about time spent
    • I Cop a lot of grief - its a definite relationship killer
    • I'm in trouble all the time! Cant win
    • Divorce looming!
    • Divorced!
    • What spouse? I'm single - gimmee another Beer!

Not that she ever really gave me any grief about it, but since I figured out how to actually make money at FS, my wife has no problem whatsoever with it. She goes around telling all her friends that they've got to come over and check out my basement cockpit setup. Doesn't get much better than that.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

My gf doesn't mind my hobby in fact she is into aviation herself. She used to be an aircraft dispatcher/ops controller at egbe. She would love to be back doing it so it's great that she has a similar interest, but obviously she was working with the real thing.Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Im glad you said wives AND girlfriends..Can I vote twice? :( Ian

Im glad you said wives AND girlfriends..Can I vote twice? Ian
B) Well... last year, my girlfriend became my wife (married in Las Vegas, but that's a completely different story B) ), but I fear she'll never agree to be my flight attendant during my FS flights. She thinks it's a crazy, childish game (mind you, I'm 37) and that it has nothing to do with real flying... :( It's a "tolerated" hobby, just like my RC-flying (fixed wing and heli's) hobby, but to be honest; she doesn't have a clue to the amount of money I spend on it :( . As someone stated above, as long as the bills get paid she doesn't really complain or notice, but for doing large expenses like a new computer upgrade, I have to massage is slowly over a period of several weeks.But in the end, I tend to believe she rather has me busy with flightsim than me sitting on the couch in an Al Bundy mode :( .

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Ah, good light-hearted poll. I bet this will generate a lot of replies over the weekend. That is if she doesn't have you clean out the garage, mow the lawn, fix the leaky sink.... :( Clutch(AL Bundy! Gotta luv it! :( )

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

B) Well... last year, my girlfriend became my wife (married in Las Vegas, but that's a completely different story B) ), but I fear she'll never agree to be my flight attendant during my FS flights. She thinks it's a crazy, childish game (mind you, I'm 37) and that it has nothing to do with real flying... :( It's a "tolerated" hobby, just like my RC-flying (fixed wing and heli's) hobby, but to be honest; she doesn't have a clue to the amount of money I spend on it :( . As someone stated above, as long as the bills get paid she doesn't really complain or notice, but for doing large expenses like a new computer upgrade, I have to massage is slowly over a period of several weeks.But in the end, I tend to believe she rather has me busy with flightsim than me sitting on the couch in an Al Bundy mode :( .
I guess you mean: "I have to massage her slowly over a period of several weeks"

My wife of 19 years is fully supportive. She doesn't want me to fly in real life ("too dangerous," says she--unknowingly), so she's more than happy for me to spend money on computers, video cards, FSX aircraft, yokes, etc., if it means that I stay at home and fly virtually (and in her mind, safely) in our basement. :(

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Hey Jeremy- congratulations on the engagement!!Bruce.
Hey thanks Bruce!

FSX is a great excuse for me NOT to watch the trashy soap operas and endless copycat talent/reality TV shows that my wife is addicted to.There are so many of them on TV that I could become a long haul captain on FS and get away with it!But all in all she tolerates my hobby so can't moan too much!EDIT: Ps congrats too Jeremy!!

The wife doesnt mind my FSX hobby at all. Actually she doesnt give me any issues with it except for the few times I had to delay a response or assistance due to being smack dab in the middle of a landing ot two. Other than that she is cool with it.Jim

Jim Wenham

Other than the occasional "nag" to take out the garbage etc., my wife of 55 years is content to let me "play" at will.She at least knows where I am and not out chasing women or drinking.Those things sound like fun, but at my age (76) I can't remember why! :( Here is a link to an old thread which should put a grin on your face also - best if read from start to finish.http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/5972-why-does-the-wife-always-interrupt/page__hl__wifus

I'm am VERY fortunate to have a Wife that indulge me on that...obsess. ahum... hobby...plus fast cars (we own a supercharged 2008 Mustang Bullitt and a 2010 Challenger R/T) and she doesn't even drive !!She does not fly either, I almost got caught 2 weeks ago after building my new rig for FSX; i asked Her if she wanted to have my "old" pc for trying FSX on Her own:"if this pc is not good enough for you, I''ll certainly won't use it" LOL !! (look at my sig..)Anyway God bless our Wives, girlfriends and the likes for there tacit approval... :(

Other than the occasional "reminder" to take out the garbage etc., my wife of 55 years lets me "play" FS whenever I wish.She says she knows where I am and that I am not out chasing women or carousing.Those things sound interesting but at my age (76) I can't remember why! :( Here is a link to another old thread which should put a smile on your face also - best if read from start to finish. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/5972-why-does-the-wife-always-interrupt/page__view__findpost__p__31684

I voted option #2.She says I'm addicted to flight simming... lol I say it's a hobby!But she does let me get away with a lot of stuff, especially since we have a 6mo old kiddo!In fact when we met in college she actually flew online with me - so that was nice!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

HelloIt has to be a heavy month for FS addon releases for me to match her spending on hairdo's and clothesSo I am pretty much left in peace , My season ticket for the football (soccer) seems to wind her up more.