Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Lionheart's Offerings

What's the verdict on this group? http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Lionheart_FlightSimulations.htmlSpecifically, I want to know how their simulation of the G1000 is, and how does it compare to let's say Flight 1's Mustang? Also important to me is flight modeling and design quality (which I can see by screenshots are great both inside and outside).I am particularly interested in the Kodiak and the Epic Victory, but am also eyeing the Epic LT. Thanks guys and I promise, last question of the day for me.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Don't have any of the aircraft you happened to mention, but I do have Lionheart's Bellanca Super Viking, and it is my favourite FSX GA aircraft by a very long way indeed.I have some FSX aeroplanes with better flight dynamics, some with better modeling, ones with more flashy features, but in my opinion there is no other FSX GA aircraft which manages to mix modeling choices together in such a well balanced and intelligent way, to create something that is great fun to fly around. It is always my 'go to' GA aeroplane for FSX, even when I have stuff like Aerosoft's shiny new Katana with all its super cool features.viking.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Don't have any of the aircraft you happened to mention, but I do have Lionheart's Bellanca Super Viking, and it is my favourite FSX GA aircraft by a very long way indeed.I have some FSX aeroplanes with better flight dynamics, some with better modeling, ones with more flashy features, but in my opinion there is no other FSX GA aircraft which manages to mix modeling choices together in such a well balanced and intelligent way, to create something that is great fun to fly around. It is always my 'go to' GA aeroplane for FSX, even when I have stuff like Aerosoft's shiny new Katana with all its super cool features.viking.jpgAl
Even with the reduced quality (for size) of your screenshot, your clouds look so good, must be REX! Anyway, back to the topic at hand, thanks for your reply, again, I do like the look and performance of the Super Viking, I don't think I'm quite ready to switch over to pistons yet (from jets, haha). I've really started to appreciate turbo props and small jets, however, and I really like the Epic LT from what I've seen. I'm also interested in the Kodiak for some Alaska bush flying, and also the Epic Victory for some charter flights.Also, looking forward to those two King Airs that are in the works.FSX keeps getting better and better.

Jeff

Even with the reduced quality (for size) of your screenshot, your clouds look so good, must be REX! Anyway, back to the topic at hand, thanks for your reply, again, I do like the look and performance of the Super Viking, I don't think I'm quite ready to switch over to pistons yet (from jets, haha). I've really started to appreciate turbo props and small jets, however, and I really like the Epic LT from what I've seen. I'm also interested in the Kodiak for some Alaska bush flying, and also the Epic Victory for some charter flights.Also, looking forward to those two King Airs that are in the works.FSX keeps getting better and better.
I have oodles of hours in the Kodiak, and I really love it. I think the glass cockpit is excellent, but I'm a steam gauge kind of guy and perhaps not the best judge of such things. The performance of the Kodiak is excellent. If I have a critique of it, it is that it's almost too good, but I understand that the RW Kodiak is pretty spectacular in STOL also. I will also say that if you're looking for straight realism, the Kodiak is designed more for the tropics, places like Africa, SE Asia and Papua New Guinea. To the best of my knowledge there are no Kodiaks operating in Alaska. The original didn't have de-icing equipment, although I have heard that it can be added as an option on the RW plane. For realism in Alaska, the plane in that class is the Carenado Grand Caravan. But don't choose one or the other. Buy them both. They're both great planes.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

I have both the EPIC LT and the Kodiak. Both models are very well done. The G1000 works very well. I can't compare it to the Flight1 version in that I don't have it and have never used it. The EPIC is my long distance GA plane and the Kodiak is one of my bush planes. I really enjoy IFR in the Epic. The plane handles well, albeit, getting a steady taxi speed can be a challenge. The Kodiak is great fun to fly and I believe its flight dynamics are very well done. I would purchase both again if I had to.

Danny

What's the verdict on this group? http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Lionheart_FlightSimulations.htmlSpecifically, I want to know how their simulation of the G1000 is, and how does it compare to let's say Flight 1's Mustang? Also important to me is flight modeling and design quality (which I can see by screenshots are great both inside and outside).I am particularly interested in the Kodiak and the Epic Victory, but am also eyeing the Epic LT. Thanks guys and I promise, last question of the day for me.
I actually bought the Kodiak, Epic Victory, and Epic LT during their $15 dollar sale they put on every once in a while. I ended up uninstalling the Victory and the LT becuase I ended up not liking either of them, but I LOVE the Kodiak. In fact, for flying the ORBX PNW, the Kodiak is my first choice. Actually that's the only time I fly the Kodiak, but I like it because of it's STOL ability and I can cruise pretty fast between small strips.As far as the G1000 and how it compares to the Flight 1's Mustang I cant say becuase I dont own the Mustang and dont have any real life experience using the G1000. However, in the Kodiak it does do some funny things on my system once in a while. The thing is in the Kodiak the GPS can be used in the VC as well as being able to be clicked on to bring up a 2D GPS thats easier to see and use, but when you make adjustments to the 2D GPS and close that panel, the changes dont reflect in the VC GPS. Plus it seems like it sometimes takes a long time to rotate around to the heading I am actually flying. For example, I can be sitting on a runway facing 090 but the GPS will indicate that I am facing 180 or even 270 degrees. Once I take off and turn to the first waypoint the map in the GPS will begin to slowly rotate to finally catch up to the heading I am flying. I'm not sure what causes that behavior since none of my other a/c do that. Also sometimes I will lose the range zoom in/out function. Again, I am not sure why since none of my other a/c's GPS do that.Overall though, the Kodaik is a great little plane that comes with a lot of models and is very versatile.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I love the Kodiak despite the sounds are default caravan, but flying model is good. Looking after the Epic LT.RV

What's the verdict on this group? http://www.lionheart...imulations.htmlSpecifically, I want to know how their simulation of the G1000 is, and how does it compare to let's say Flight 1's Mustang? Also important to me is flight modeling and design quality (which I can see by screenshots are great both inside and outside).I am particularly interested in the Kodiak and the Epic Victory, but am also eyeing the Epic LT. Thanks guys and I promise, last question of the day for me.

The Skylark is lots of fun.The Bellanca is a nice plane and it's still my hangar.The Victory is also a very nice airplane, but I no longer fly it. I had some controller issues and decided to try the Flight1 Mustang and it's the best investment in an airplane that I have ever made in over a decade. It's simply remarkable if you have the computer to fully enjoy it.One plane that will remain in my machine forever is the Skylark.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

AFAIK the G1000 in the Lionheart Kodiak uses the FSX navigation database, whereas the Mustang can be upgraded via Navigraph (and Flight1 updates the WAAS approaches periodically, too).Nothing wrong with the Lionheart vay of doing it, just something to be aware of when comparing the two G1000 systems.

IMHO the Mustang's G1000 is much better than the one in the Kodak. Although the frame rates in the Kodak VC are much much higher than the Mustang.....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

IMHO the Mustang's G1000 is much better than the one in the Kodak. Although the frame rates in the Kodak VC are much much higher than the Mustang.....G
There is no company that knows more about picture frame rates than Kodak. :LMAO:Whether that will have any effect on that Kodiak is another matter though. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There is no company that knows more about picture frame rates than Kodak. :LMAO:Whether that will have any effect on that Kodiak is another matter though.
Lol missed that one, blinking Android.......G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Specifically, I want to know how their simulation of the G1000 is, and how does it compare to let's say Flight 1's Mustang? Also important to me is flight modeling and design quality (which I can see by screenshots are great both inside and outside).I am particularly interested in the Kodiak and the Epic Victory, but am also eyeing the Epic LT.
I have these planes installed - let me try to give you my assessment..The Mustang's G1000 is in a class of it's own. The Kodiak G1000 is adequate, butmuch closer to the FSX native version.. If you do buy this plane, send me a PM andI can send you my "improved" Kodiak G1000 that cleans up some things..Where the Kodiak shines, is in it's graphic design and in it's real world capabilities.It is a great bush plane with lots of performance and high cruising speed. A delight to fly.With the optional Banana Bob repaint, it is one of the best looking planes I own. Well worth the money.The Victory is on steroids, over the top performance - feels like driving a Ferrari (and the interior designlooks like a Ferrari as well). Lots of fun to try, but not really handy for daily use..

Bert

I have these planes installed - let me try to give you my assessment..The Mustang's G1000 is in a class of it's own. The Kodiak G1000 is adequate, butmuch closer to the FSX native version.. If you do buy this plane, send me a PM andI can send you my "improved" Kodiak G1000 that cleans up some things..Where the Kodiak shines, is in it's graphic design and in it's real world capabilities.It is a great bush plane with lots of performance and high cruising speed. A delight to fly.With the optional Banana Bob repaint, it is one of the best looking planes I own. Well worth the money.The Victory is on steroids, over the top performance - feels like driving a Ferrari (and the interior designlooks like a Ferrari as well). Lots of fun to try, but not really handy for daily use..
Thanks for all the responses. I'll let you know if I get it Bert. I have the Carenado Caravan, I wonder if I can use the sounds from it, in the Kodiak.

Jeff