Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

Flytampa and ORBX

hello everyone, I have been using ORBX scenery for a while and liked it very much, but today I think I should get flytampa KSEA and KSFO addons for my Pacific northwest scenery. I want to know that if they are compatible with ORBX or not? If anyone is using the same, please help me. Is there any better of them other than flytampa? like flight beam KSFO or any other.thanksNOTE: ORBX forums are down, error: we cannot determine on which board this topic is etc. etc., that is why I am asking it here.

If I recall correctly, KSEA and KSFO from flytampa are only available for FS9. If you want a good KSFO for FSX get it from Flightbeam.

Flightbeam made a really nice airport.... Highly recommended. (And you're not off topic. We welcome almost any topic here that is aviation/flight sim related)

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Flightbeam made a really nice airport.... Highly recommended.

(And you're not off topic. We welcome almost any topic here that is aviation/flight sim related)
I wasn't expecting that from a forum leader, you people are really friendly, not like others who are only concerned about their products.So, is flightbeam compatible with ORBX?and yes, flytampas are all about fs9, is there any good KSEA for FSX?I also heard about fsdreamteam, is that too compatible with ORBX?

Hi Prakhar,Check out this very recent post over at ORBX. SeaTac compatibiltyIf you have a non-Orbx airport installed in ORBX scenery your going to see everything that airport has to offer. Although it may not blend in at the edges where it mets the ORBX scenery.

Hi Prakhar,Check out this very recent post over at ORBX. SeaTac compatibiltyIf you have a non-Orbx airport installed in ORBX scenery your going to see everything that airport has to offer. Although it may not blend in at the edges where it mets the ORBX scenery.
link not working[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.well you are an orbx developer, can you copy and paste the discussion?ORBX is amazing! But I really want KSEA and some other intl. US airports. I have placed order for flightbeam KSFO, but KSEA is still missing.And FsDreamteam, what about that?

I think you need to register on the ORBX forum before you can access any threads there.

Prakhar,Here's the deal to make this simple for you to undertand.1. FlyTampa'a KSEA is only for FS9! However, a fellow over on the FlyTampa has made a set of "port over" instructions to make the FS9 version work with FSX and ORBX's PNW, but unless you already own the FS9 version I wouldn't buy the FS9 version to just use the port. The reason being is that using the port over you will not be able to use the custom ground polys that come with the FS9 version and you will probably encounter some transparency issues with some of the objects. If you now how to use a model converter, such as the one by Arno, you can fix some of the transparency issues, but its a lot more work than you will probably want to do.2. Flightbeams KSFO is great and has nothing to do with ORBX PNW, so yes it's compatatble because the PNW area ends in Oregon. Now, ORBX is working on another package that is going to extend south of the PNW to Northern California, but I dont think it goes all the way to San Francisco. If you dont plan on buying that package then I wouldn't worry about it.I own the Flightbean version of KSFO and its very FPS friendly, in fact on my system I get about the same or slightly better FPS with it than I do with the default version of KSFO.You also asked about FSDreamteam. At this point they dont make any airports for that area, but they are currently working on KLAX. I recommend all their airports.RegardsSean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think you need to register on the ORBX forum before you can access any threads there.
I am a registered ORBX forum member

Prakhar,Here's the deal to make this simple for you to undertand.1. FlyTampa'a KSEA is only for FS9! However, a fellow over on the FlyTampa has made a set of "port over" instructions to make the FS9 version work with FSX and ORBX's PNW, but unless you already own the FS9 version I wouldn't buy the FS9 version to just use the port. The reason being is that using the port over you will not be able to use the custom ground polys that come with the FS9 version and you will probably encounter some transparency issues with some of the objects. If you now how to use a model converter, such as the one by Arno, you can fix some of the transparency issues, but its a lot more work than you will probably want to do.2. Flightbeams KSFO is great and has nothing to do with ORBX PNW, so yes it's compatatble because the PNW area ends in Oregon. Now, ORBX is working on another package that is going to extend south of the PNW to Northern California, but I dont think it goes all the way to San Francisco. If you dont plan on buying that package then I wouldn't worry about it.I own the Flightbean version of KSFO and its very FPS friendly, in fact on my system I get about the same or slightly better FPS with it than I do with the default version of KSFO.You also asked about FSDreamteam. At this point they dont make any airports for that area, but they are currently working on KLAX. I recommend all their airports.RegardsSean Campbell
I will buy every ORBX stuff like I do with PMDG, even if they would cost 1000 of dollars for it. ORBX scenery is just amazing, I can't stop myself from buying them. It's obvious that I will buy california and every of their upcoming products. Anyway, I will install the KSFO scenery.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3UVzRkVKQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjn6J9xItwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPSXbE-Z144http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm2HIYjgo60But KSEA, What about that? Isn't there any?

But KSEA, What about that? Isn't there any?
Again, simply put NO. Trust me, if there was an FSX version available everyone would know about it.The only thing available is the FS9 port over which I mentioned, but I wouldn't recommend buying the FS9 version to use for that.If it makes you feel any better, either George or Martin of FlyTampa, I can't remember which, said not long ago on their forum that they may reconsider doing an FSX version of KSEA in the future.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is there a "product roadmap" anywhere on ORBX site? I see they have that Northern Rockies coming... but have not heard anything else in the pipeline....

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Is there a "product roadmap" anywhere on ORBX site? I see they have that Northern Rockies coming... but have not heard anything else in the pipeline....
New Zealand South Island and Queenstown airport is coming sometime at the end of this year. They have a few payware airports on pre-pay now.http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html

Flightbeam made a really nice airport.... Highly recommended. (And you're not off topic. We welcome almost any topic here that is aviation/flight sim related)
Hey, thank you for the heads-up on Flightbeam's KSFO. I never heard of these folks until just now, but I bought their airport as soon as I seen the pictures. I haven't installed it yet, but it looks like it will be really good.I'll sure be watching them for future airports. I believe Orbx will be making KSEA to go with their PNW scenery pretty soon. That should be really good too. It will be nice to have KSEA like it should be in FSX.Bob