Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

How I use FS2Crew, Radar Contact and It's Your Plane together

Hi all, I have been using FS2Crew (voice) for more than a year now, and I have also been using Radar Contact 4. Unfortunately RC4 does not support voice, but I found a way to get FS2Crew and RC4 to work together using It's Your Plane (itsyourplane.com).Using this, I can "talk" to Radar Control and to FS2Crew without having them stumple over each others.I can say stuff like "Request taxi", "Missed approach", "Request higher" etc. The communication is not very realistic because it just matches the commands that RC4 has, but its more immersive that voice is used here, when you use voice with FS2Crew in my opinion.Anyway, if you are interested, I have written a document about how to set this up. It can be found in the "Resource center" on itsyourplane.com.The guide is for the JS41, but should work fine with other fs2crew packagesHelge

Helge Rasmussen

Thats the way ItsYourPlane controls it. There are just a lot of phrases that match the different keystrokes. The simple variants are "Select 1" to "Select 9" that just matches the keys (these are the fallbacks if you do not remember the more fancy command), but there are also Commands like "Contact Ground" etc.The problem I had when setting this up was that FS2Crew and IYP/RC often reacted on the same voice command, so I set up a button: When pressed, it mutes the FS2Crew mic and opens the IYP/RC mic, it works like a charm.Helge

Helge Rasmussen