Sign in to follow this  
RickSinGA

New Build, yet one more question re:OS

Got the P8P67 Deluxe B3 with I7-2600k, new memory, new cooler all installed. Had a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, I7-920.Moment of Truth: Power switch-ON.Go through BIOS.Wndows screen appears then BSOD.Retry, get windows repair: Cannot repair.A freind just told me I had to reload the OS with this upgrade?Is that true? ThanksRick S.

Why can't you repair? what error do you get?

Why can't you repair? what error do you get?
Just says it is unable to?

Does windows repair detect the installation at all? Can you boot into windows in safe mode?If you boot with the CD and open the command line and type "bcdedit", can you take a pic of the result and post it here?

Cannot get to safe mode. Keeps asking me if I want repair mode.Will attempt to load with W7 cd.

Cannot locate the HDD drivers it is asking for. WD only shows the install and repair programs for downloding. exe files.Went into the Diagnostic and Repair details. everything shows no errore or codes 0x).This is the only comment Root Cause Found: Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem.?Rick S.

Where did you connect the HDD?

Where did you connect the HDD?
Not exactly sure which port, I have 2 WD160G and 2 WD500G. The operating system is in the 4th slot. I told the BIOS which onw was the OS. Says its in P4?Rick S.

Got the P8P67 Deluxe B3 with I7-2600k, new memory, new cooler all installed. Had a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, I7-920.Moment of Truth: Power switch-ON.Go through BIOS.Wndows screen appears then BSOD.Retry, get windows repair: Cannot repair.A freind just told me I had to reload the OS with this upgrade?Is that true? ThanksRick S.
That´s exactly the same error I got when I powerd up my upgrade from Q8300 to my current one. I ddin´t know what was wrong so i gave it to my computer shop. They fixed it for me. Since then I never had any problem. They said this problem is because you have the old chipset drivers installed and it needs the new ones. Maybe you can rebuild your old system and install the new chipset drivers in save mode and then change the parts.

I would try pluggin the OS HDD in the port 0 (Intel Sata II 3Gb/s) and the CD/DVD in port 1. Everything else unplugged

I would try pluggin the OS HDD in the port 0 (Intel Sata II 3Gb/s) and the CD/DVD in port 1. Everything else unplugged
Tearing apart, will have to try and figure out wich 160G drive is the boot drive. I belive it will be the first 160 drive in the ports.Will report bak.

not sure what port would be 1 or 0. Thet are listed as:SATA6G_E1SATA6G_E2SATA6G_1 Tried for HDD no goSATA6G_2 Tried for DVD no goSATA3G_3 Tried for HDD no goSATA3G_4 Tried for DVD no goSATA3G_5 Tried for HDD no goSATA3G_6 Tried for DVD no goWill try the first 2 if you think I should but I have to remove the video card to get to themRick S.

did your mobo default your SATA to AHCI? if it did, set it to IDE

did your mobo default your SATA to AHCI? if it did, set it to IDE
AHCI, reset to IDESame problem, wanted to repair but found nothing.Rick S.

AHCI, reset to IDESame problem, wanted to repair but found nothing.Rick S.
still won't boot into Windows normally?