Sign in to follow this  
RickSinGA

New Build, yet one more question re:OS

still won't boot into Windows normally?
Nope, will BS and reboot.

FYI, I do show a 'AA' Q-code on the MB.The Q-Code legend describes AA='Reserved for ASL(see ASL status codes section below).The ACPI/ASL Chevckpoints legend says oxAA= 'System has transformed into ACPI mode. Interupt controller is in APCI mode'.no typeO, one says ACPI and the other says APCI.??Rick S.

try disabling everything you can in BIOS, the JMicron controller, the Marvel controller... maybe you'll need to do what Steffen said, but I would try everything I could think of before that

try disabling everything you can in BIOS, the JMicron controller, the Marvel controller... maybe you'll need to do what Steffen said, but I would try everything I could think of before that
Same-O- Same-O; BS then repair!Damn, did not want to reload; have no idea what I have or how i got it or worse where I got it!Thanks for tryingRick S.

If it's asking you for your mobo's SATA controller driver(s) all you need to do is download them onto a flash drive and plug in the flash drive when prompted.

If it's asking you for your mobo's SATA controller driver(s) all you need to do is download them onto a flash drive and plug in the flash drive when prompted.
It asked for HDD drivers, don't remember anything about SATA Controller drivers.It loads the Win7 splash screen, the colored orbs roll around for a while then it goes to repair. Rick S.

If you could somehow boot from your old drive (if you still have your old mobo and CPU) you can do this:How to Transfer your Complete Windows 7 Installation to a New Computer
Thanks Dazz. I do have everything laid out all over te place. I have learned not to be too quick to clean up. I am frazzeled right now and that might be the quickest and easyest thing to do. I believe I will sleep on it and decide in the morning.Why is it these things never seem to go as smoothly as you envision? Ahh, maybe I just figured out the problem, me!ThanksRick S.

Thanks Dazz. I do have everything laid out all over te place. I have learned not to be too quick to clean up. I am frazzeled right now and that might be the quickest and easyest thing to do. I believe I will sleep on it and decide in the morning.Why is it these things never seem to go as smoothly as you envision? Ahh, maybe I just figured out the problem, me!ThanksRick S.
It's definitely not your fault Rick. Hope it all goes good from now on

Have you tried booting into Win 7 normally with the motherboard CD in? It may do like Max said and search for the drivers there. I'd really love to know how to fix this kind of problem. Maybe we could ask in some other hardware forum like overclockers.com or overclockers.net

Have you tried booting into Win 7 normally with the motherboard CD in? It may do like Max said and search for the drivers there. I'd really love to know how to fix this kind of problem. Maybe we could ask in some other hardware forum like overclockers.com or overclockers.net
I did put the MB disk in at one time when it asked for the HDD drivers. I have pulled the tower and have it partialy dismantled at this point. Thought I might try using the SATA cables that came with the MB vs the P6T's. Grabing at straws really.Rick S.

I always format between major hardware upgrades. I realize a lot of folks don't these days with Win7.But I'm guessing that would solve the problem...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I always format between major hardware upgrades. I realize a lot of folks don't these days with Win7.But I'm guessing that would solve the problem...
Yeah, I'm guessing you are right, too! But I wish you to be wrong.Rick S.

After reloading the OS onto my old XP drive I came across an a single page stuck in my ASUS Users Guide. It described the same problem and included a link to resolve. It had to do with EDI mode. Well, I tried it but couldn't get it to work but it made think. I rember someon here asking me if I had tried changing to IDE mode in the BIOS. Well I had but remembered that it also asked after making that change if I wanted Enhanced or Compatible Mode. I had left it on Enhanced.Soooooo, I went back into the BIOS switched the Boot device to my old Win7 OS and changed the IDE tag to Compatibilty mode and BINGO, Win7 loaded right up!!!!NEVER GIVE UP!!!!Now, what is the difference between AHCI mode vs the IDE/Compatible mode.Is it a big deal?ThanksRick S.

After reloading the OS onto my old XP drive I came across an a single page stuck in my ASUS Users Guide. It described the same problem and included a link to resolve. It had to do with EDI mode. Well, I tried it but couldn't get it to work but it made think. I rember someon here asking me if I had tried changing to IDE mode in the BIOS. Well I had but remembered that it also asked after making that change if I wanted Enhanced or Compatible Mode. I had left it on Enhanced.Soooooo, I went back into the BIOS switched the Boot device to my old Win7 OS and changed the IDE tag to Compatibilty mode and BINGO, Win7 loaded right up!!!!NEVER GIVE UP!!!!Now, what is the difference between AHCI mode vs the IDE/Compatible mode.Is it a big deal?ThanksRick S.
yeah! glad to hear that Rick ^_^It's no big deal really, but you should still be able to switch to AHCI now that you can boot into Win 7 doing this