Sign in to follow this  
martyneale

Flight 2500

If Microsoft Flight were released in the year 2500, what hardware would it run on, and how would it look?And what about the year 192,567,417?And finally the year 894,361,910,518,092?

If Microsoft Flight were released in the year 2500, what hardware would it run on, and how would it look?And what about the year 192,567,417?And finally the year 894,361,910,518,092?
But question will be if it will be available in October or November of that year.

I took the trouble of firing up my time machine (bought it off ebay) in order to find out exactly what FSMMD (also known as FS2500 to some users) was like. Arriving in 2501, in order to get some useful feedback, I fired up the Intertron, and logged on to Avsim, and read my review of it, which was of course possible through the miracle of Cryogenic Head Freezing, by Disney .Some users had complained about FSMMD only being available via Steam's orbital laser delivery platform instead of how FS2450 had been available by that delivery method as well as by neurological injection or as a boxed version on 957 Super-DVDs. But generally speaking this is the way software is going. Of course the people still claiming that FS9 ran better were not getting into that discussion, since threads on the matter were getting locked and to do so would of course also risk a visit from the Neurological Forum Police of Sigma Five Division, and we all know what that means...Installation is rather slow, taking upwards of four seconds on some slower systems with less than 900 CPU Cores, but despite this tedious wait, it is eventually worth it. As is standard these days, the manual was supplied as a suppository, but I was not prepared to indulge in that so did not check it out, you can shove taking suppositories up your &@($* as far as I'm concerned. Many in the future long lament the days when paper manuals were the thing, let alone PDFs, and who would have imagined that Joni Mitchell turned out to be correct and they had in fact took all the trees and put them in a tree museum. However, she didn't get everything right; with diesel at 758 Dollars a spoonful, big yellow taxis were a bit thin on the ground.Anticipation was high for the impending release of PMDG's NGX, which admittedly had been a longer than anticipated wait, but is said to be the add-on that will make FS2500 the sim to have, although there are still some hold outs claiming that XXXXXXXXXX-Plane is better. Meanwhile Captain Sim had almost completed patching their B757 for FS9, so that was another bit of good news, but there was still no firm news on a release date for Level D's project, now in its 57th year of development, nor any new info on the sequel to 2011's Duke Nukem for that matter.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What's even funnier is that apart from a few screenshots, we know as much about Flight as we do about what FS2500 would be like.Al

Alan Bradbury

Al, That was classic!

NAX669.png

Guest jahman

If there was SNL for FSX (pardon, for FSMMD), you'd be on it! :( :( :( B) :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

Superb!Peter Sydney Australia

wonder if cynics then will still be talking about the "horrible" FSX version and that they will be waiting for years before the 50$ splurge :(
I took the trouble of firing up my time machine (bought it off ebay) in order to find out exactly what FSMMD (also known as FS2500 to some users) was like. Arriving in 2501, in order to get some useful feedback, I fired up the Intertron, and logged on to Avsim, and read my review of it, which was of course possible through the miracle of Cryogenic Head Freezing, by Disney ™.Some users had complained about FSMMD only being available via Steam's orbital laser delivery platform instead of how FS2450 had been available by that delivery method as well as by neurological injection or as a boxed version on 957 Super-DVDs. But generally speaking this is the way software is going. Of course the people still claiming that FS9 ran better were not getting into that discussion, since threads on the matter were getting locked and to do so would of course also risk a visit from the Neurological Forum Police of Sigma Five Division, and we all know what that means...Installation is rather slow, taking upwards of four seconds on some slower systems with less than 900 CPU Cores, but despite this tedious wait, it is eventually worth it. As is standard these days, the manual was supplied as a suppository, but I was not prepared to indulge in that so did not check it out, you can shove taking suppositories up your &@($* as far as I'm concerned.Anticipation was high for the impending release of PMDG's NGX, which admittedly had been a longer than anticipated wait, but is said to be the add-on that will make FS2500 the sim to have, although there are still some hold outs claiming that XXXXXXXXXX-Plane is better. Meanwhile Captain Sim had almost completed patching their B757 for FS9, so that was another bit of good news, but there was still no firm news on a release date for Level D's project, now in its 57th year of development, nor any new info on the sequel to 2011's Duke Nukem for that matter.Al
Funny .. but your time machine is faulty ... we all know that the world is coming to an end in 2012 :(

Funny .. but your time machine is faulty ... we all know that the world is coming to an end in 2012 :(
Bloody Ebay sellers! I've been mizzled. Right, off to leave some negative feedback on that Doc Brown's Ebay account, although that DeLorean he has on auction at the moment does look quite nice, in a kind of boxy eighties way...Al

Alan Bradbury

Alan,nice to know that you not only have an in-depth knowledge of all things sim,but great wit too.Boy,I have not laughed so much.Nice one.

I just want to know if it will be compatible with the 512-bit version of Windows 19, or if will I have to revert to 256-bit. MS-EA is not very forthcoming with information.

I took the trouble of firing up my time machine (bought it off ebay) in order to find out exactly what FSMMD (also known as FS2500 to some users) was like. Arriving in 2501, in order to get some useful feedback, I fired up the Intertron, and logged on to Avsim, and read my review of it, which was of course possible through the miracle of Cryogenic Head Freezing, by Disney .Some users had complained about FSMMD only being available via Steam's orbital laser delivery platform instead of how FS2450 had been available by that delivery method as well as by neurological injection or as a boxed version on 957 Super-DVDs. But generally speaking this is the way software is going. Of course the people still claiming that FS9 ran better were not getting into that discussion, since threads on the matter were getting locked and to do so would of course also risk a visit from the Neurological Forum Police of Sigma Five Division, and we all know what that means...Installation is rather slow, taking upwards of four seconds on some slower systems with less than 900 CPU Cores, but despite this tedious wait, it is eventually worth it. As is standard these days, the manual was supplied as a suppository, but I was not prepared to indulge in that so did not check it out, you can shove taking suppositories up your &@($* as far as I'm concerned. Many in the future long lament the days when paper manuals were the thing, let alone PDFs, and who would have imagined that Joni Mitchell turned out to be correct and they had in fact took all the trees and put them in a tree museum. However, she didn't get everything right; with diesel at 758 Dollars a spoonful, big yellow taxis were a bit thin on the ground.Anticipation was high for the impending release of PMDG's NGX, which admittedly had been a longer than anticipated wait, but is said to be the add-on that will make FS2500 the sim to have, although there are still some hold outs claiming that XXXXXXXXXX-Plane is better. Meanwhile Captain Sim had almost completed patching their B757 for FS9, so that was another bit of good news, but there was still no firm news on a release date for Level D's project, now in its 57th year of development, nor any new info on the sequel to 2011's Duke Nukem for that matter.Al
Good old British Humour, can't beat it.

In the year 2500 half of the people on Avsim will be saying that there is no point upgrading from FS2496.Got me thinking how much info would be available.FSX, released in 2006 has about 11GB of scenery data. The earth has approx 120 trillion square meters. If you do the sums then 1MB of scenery data represents a square measuring 104 meters on its sides. Based on Moores law etc and data doubling every 18 months then I get these calculations.In 2012 fs will take 176GB and 1MB of data will cover a square 26 by 26 metersIn 2018 fs will take 2.8 TerraBytes and 1 MB will cover a square 6.5 by 6.5 metersIn 2033 fs will take 2.9 PetaBytes and 1 MB will cover 20cm by 20 cmIn 2048 fs will take 3 ExaBytes and 1MB will cover a square 6mm by 6mmAt this point Microsoft will realise that there is little point going any higher with resolution and look at fixing the weather engine!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.