Sign in to follow this  
martyneale

Flight 2500

If Microsoft Flight were released in the year 2500, what hardware would it run on, and how would it look?And what about the year 192,567,417?And finally the year 894,361,910,518,092?
IF humans are still around.The moon is moving away from the Earth at something like an inch a year. This causes the Earth's rotation to slow. The atomic clock has to be adjusted every couple of years as we lose a second. Have you seen the black hole that swallowed a star or Sun?I don't want to get too political...Earth warming / cooling, what will that cause? What about Earthquakes and Volcanoes?Enjoy it now.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

IF humans are still around.The moon is moving away from the Earth at something like an inch a year.  This causes the Earth's rotation to slow.  The atomic clock has to be adjusted every couple of years as we lose a second.  Have you seen the black hole that swallowed a star or Sun?I don't want to get too political...Earth warming / cooling, what will that cause?  What about Earthquakes and Volcanoes?Enjoy it now.
Your note scares me .... :(

Cheer up. As the economist J M Keynes said "!n the long run we're all dead!

Guest jahman
Cheer up. As the economist J M Keynes said "!n the long run we're all dead!
Yes, but remember: "He who has the most toys when he dies, wins!"BTW, rumour has it MS is already working on FS2501...Cheers,- jahman.

BTW, rumour has it MS is already working on FS2501...
I think you are confusing work on a future sim with Flights estimated completion time. Remember too that it is no longer FS but just plain F.:rolleyes:Regards, Mike Mann

In the year 2500 half of the people on Avsim will be saying that there is no point upgrading from FS2496.Got me thinking how much info would be available.FSX, released in 2006 has about 11GB of scenery data. The earth has approx 120 trillion square meters. If you do the sums then 1MB of scenery data represents a square measuring 104 meters on its sides. Based on Moores law etc and data doubling every 18 months then I get these calculations.In 2012 fs will take 176GB and 1MB of data will cover a square 26 by 26 metersIn 2018 fs will take 2.8 TerraBytes and 1 MB will cover a square 6.5 by 6.5 metersIn 2033 fs will take 2.9 PetaBytes and 1 MB will cover 20cm by 20 cmIn 2048 fs will take 3 ExaBytes and 1MB will cover a square 6mm by 6mmAt this point Microsoft will realise that there is little point going any higher with resolution and look at fixing the weather engine!
This is my favorite post of all time.

At this point Microsoft will realise that there is little point going any higher with resolution and look at fixing the weather engine!
LOL... looking forward to it...

If I cant use all of my allready purchased addons, then I will not by fs2500. I really hope that they will make it compatible with allready existing addons.Dennis :(

And finally the year 894,361,910,518,092?
MS said there will only be releases every "prime number" years, so your year, ending in a 2 will not have one. :(

If I cant use all of my allready purchased addons, then I will not by fs2500. I really hope that they will make it compatible with allready existing addons.Dennis  :(
Didnt you mean your 25th generation grandkids ..... :(

Didnt you mean your 25th generation grandkids ..... :(
Maybe he has access to a time machine as well!Regards, Mike Mann

By some point in the future a computer should be able to recreate the entire universe, with all its atoms, forces and anti-matter too!This could happen by 2012!

By some point in the future a computer should be able to recreate the entire universe, with all its atoms, forces and anti-matter too!This could happen by 2012!
dont be silly .. airplanes cant fly in space .. so why model the universe :biggrin:but, by 2500 ... everyone will be flying their version of "Flight" a Tron like holographic room in their homes.

Guest jahman
dont be silly .. airplanes cant fly in space .. so why model the universe :(...
Space Shuttle, anyone? I would really enjoy a complex simulation of a real STS mission (ISS construction, Satellite deployment, Hubble telescope repair). That would be serious fun indeed. So would apollo missions to the Moon, with rovers, with malfunctions (Apollo XIII).Cheers,- jahman.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.