Sign in to follow this  
Purr

ndbs / vors missing

Hi folks,In fsx I was attempting to fly an approach into Castlegar (CYCG) Canada, but one of the ndbs appears to be missing and the same with a VOR. I don't know if this is because they are new nav aids since fsx was published or if it is just an error/omission in fsx. I thought that the orbx ftx scenery for the area would have included all up to date navaids but maybe that is separate from scenery...have others had issues like this and is there a fix? Is this why people buy AIRAC data, or would that not help this situation?Thanks for any suggestions you have,Alex Malek

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Hi Alex how are you?I'm not familiar with that particular airport so I'm just gonna throw some ideas here to try to help you:1) Are you sure that the airport still has those approaches? Maybe you have old plates and those navaids, specially the NDB may have been decommissioned by NavCanada, or even both non-precision approaches could have been modified to pure RNAV (without an overlay).2) Most of the more complex payware aircrafts with FMS/MCDU and some GPS can have the Cycle updated, usually those cycles are distributed by Navigraph.3) If you are using a default FSX aircraft with the default GPS you can try to update FSX's Waypoint Cycle. Do a search for "US & Canada Waypoints Cycle 1105" at AVSIM's Library and you'll find the latest file created by Wilson Malone released this month.Hope that helps.regards,Igor

Hi Igor,Thanks for the response. AFAIK from some airport info I have that is pretty current, FSX is missing some navaids. It's possible these were added in real life fairly recently and that's why they aren't there. I figured the payware fms stuff has the latest info in it, but I noticed this when trying to tune the navaids, the radios were not picking anything up even in close range. Going to the map / flight plan view in fsx showed they were simply not there and that's why no signal(!). So I'm wondering if there are any updates to the fsx world in terms of these navaid ?errors or if all that is hardcoded and unchangeable in fsx? Have others had this kind of issue? Any type of fix (no pun intended!) for this?Alex Malek

Hi Alex how are you?I'm not familiar with that particular airport so I'm just gonna throw some ideas here to try to help you:1) Are you sure that the airport still has those approaches? Maybe you have old plates and those navaids, specially the NDB may have been decommissioned by NavCanada, or even both non-precision approaches could have been modified to pure RNAV (without an overlay).2) Most of the more complex payware aircrafts with FMS/MCDU and some GPS can have the Cycle updated, usually those cycles are distributed by Navigraph.3) If you are using a default FSX aircraft with the default GPS you can try to update FSX's Waypoint Cycle. Do a search for "US & Canada Waypoints Cycle 1105" at AVSIM's Library and you'll find the latest file created by Wilson Malone released this month.Hope that helps.regards,Igor

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

What or which ones are you looking for? South of the field is EF-Champion NDB, north of the field is YK-Brilliant NDB. The CG-Castlegar NDB is further north of YK.The nav data for FSX is from mid-2005 from what I read elsewhere, so anything amended or added since is hard to call an error. New nav aids can be added into the sim via the BGLCompiler. Setting up approaches based upon those nav aids can be done also. What generally cannot be done is mucking around too much with existing nav aids, like moving a VOR a "few" miles.

Hi Alex,As I stated on my previous post, what you can do is to try to update FSX's Waipoint Cycle. The current one is Cycle 1105. Just do a search for "US & Canada Waypoints Cycle 1105" (AVSIM's Library - FSX). Unfortunately I don't have a CAP 2 here with me so there's no way to verify the current plates for the airport in question.regards,Igor

Here are the default navaids around CYCG:Type, Ident, Name, Freq, Airport, Dist Nm, CommentsILS,XCG,LOC/DME 15,110.100 Mhz,CYCG,2.9,DME,2J,GRAND FORKS,109.700 Mhz,,35.4,NDB,YK,BRILLIANT (CASTLEGAR),269.00 Khz,,1.7,NDB,CG,CASTLEGAR,227.00 Khz,,9.3,NDB,EF,CHAMPION (CASTLEGAR),206.00 Khz,,2.4,NDB,2J,GRAND FORKS,250.00 Khz,,35.4,NDB,ION,IONE,379.00 Khz,,36.2,NDB,U6,CRESTON,360.00 Khz,,47.9,NDB,W6,CRESTON NORTH,233.00 Khz,,41.0,If you are missing these they should be in default file scenery\0201\scenery\nvx02010.bgl (except the ILS).scott s..

Okay, thanks for your feedback guys, I'll check into it further!Cheers,Alex Malek

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10