Sign in to follow this  
byork

DO NOT RESIZE THE PANELS!

A heads up...Do not resize the FS2Crew panels... it can result in weird behavior or even a CTD.In the next update, I'm locking the FS2Crew windows so they "can't" be re-sized...Now you can still move them around, you just can't re-size them.Cheers,

UG, Thats no good haveing that large panel accross the screen. One thing I really like is how if you resize it it blends right in with the IFly panel. So far I havn't seen anything strange.

UG, Thats no good haveing that large panel accross the screen. One thing I really like is how if you resize it it blends right in with the IFly panel. So far I havn't seen anything strange.
You know you don't need to keep the panel open at all times... You can hide it.A couple users reported some strange behavior which they fixed by 'not' resizing the panel.But if all is well for you, then go ahead and resize.Cheers,

I like being able to resize the panel. Could it be made an option to lock it in place for those who have problems or why can't they just not resize the panel?JimCYWG

I like being able to resize the panel. Could it be made an option to lock it in place for those who have problems or why can't they just not resize the panel?JimCYWG
In the future, the only way to unlock the windows will be by hand editing the panel.cfg. Changing a 0 to a 1.Very simple job.

Being the one that discovered this, I would add, the problems do only seem to occur with the FSX version.In fact, the reason it took so long to find the cause was that I was quite happily resizing the command panel whilst I was using the FS9 version, with no problems. Hence later, when I moved on to the FSX version, I was doing this almost as second nature, and it just didn't occur for a long time that it could be causing the problems I was having.So if you're using FS9, you probably won't have had any problems. Further, it may also only be operating system dependant as I am on Win 7 64bit and as far as know so are all the others who experienced the problem. So those on xp may also be ok.However, I do agree with Bryan that, until a solution can be found to why resizing causes these problems, that the default should be that the panel should be locked.This is because it's too easy resize it inadvertently when trying to move it, and this can cause a system crash.John

You know you don't need to keep the panel open at all times... You can hide it.
True. Though I must say when I hide it, the FS2Crew voice level decreases and it is hard to hear either the captain or the F/O.Ground Crew voices happen to get totally spoiled. But this is only when I hide the main window (which I don't have to do - I can live with it).

Hi Bryan, do you have any idea on when we could expect the update?

Hi Bryan, do you have any idea on when we could expect the update?
Hi A.J.Locking panels: Since its the iFly Config Manager that handles the panel.cfg, the change would be made by the iFly developers. My understanding is they'll be releasing an update in a month or so.However, I may have discovered a way to solve this issue that would still allow people to resize their panels in FSX.I've also made some changes to FS2Crew iFly, squished a couple bugs, altered the fuel pumps procedures, and add another option for 'unpressurized takeoff's and landings'. That'll be out soon probably.Cheers,

I seldom quote myself, lol. But let me try as I just thought I would like to hear from you on that, Bryan:

when I hide it (the FS2Crew main panel), the FS2Crew voice level decreases and it is hard to hear either the captain or the F/O
Has anyone reported you this problem or is it something specific exclusively to my PC/FS?And if it is the latter, do you have an idea on what the cause might be and how to get rid of it?Thanks in advance,Rafal

I seldom quote myself, lol. But let me try as I just thought I would like to hear from you on that, Bryan:Has anyone reported you this problem or is it something specific exclusively to my PC/FS?And if it is the latter, do you have an idea on what the cause might be and how to get rid of it?Thanks in advance,Rafal
Hi Rafal,I've never experienced that. Anyone else?I'm not sure how hiding a panel would affect the volume.. That's bizarre.

I'm not sure how hiding a panel would affect the volume.. That's bizarre.
True, bizarre. I have just done some searching in the FS2Crew forum (I know I should have done it before, sorry about that) and looks like maybe I am not alone here:
The only thing I experience is that sound is of "normal" volume when FS2C panel is opened, while as when the panel is closed, the volume of all FS2C voices is suddenly lower
The whole post is here:http://forum.avsim.n...-sound-problem/I'm on Windows XP 32-bit PL with an inbuilt sound card.I have never experienced any sound problems when using FS9 or any other software.

I've also made some changes to FS2Crew iFly, squished a couple bugs, altered the fuel pumps procedures, and add another option for 'unpressurized takeoff's and landings'. That'll be out soon probably.Cheers,
Cool, no big rush really, but I was curious if an update was expected in the near future. I have no real complaints, other than the suggestion to add the missing command for the copilot to set flaps up speed at accel height in NADP 1. I'm happy to hear of the option for the "unpressurized takeoff and landing", I take it to mean the traditional "packs off" takeoff we are used to seeing in FS2crew for the other Boeings. Meaning that the APU remains off, the engine bleeds are on, but the packs are turned off until they are restored at climb thrust height. I was just about to ask for this option, as an alternative to the engine bleeds off/APU bleeds on on takeoff scenario.

Cool, no big rush really, but I was curious if an update was expected in the near future. I have no real complaints, other than the suggestion to add the missing command for the copilot to set flaps up speed at accel height in NADP 1. I'm happy to hear of the option for the "unpressurized takeoff and landing", I take it to mean the traditional "packs off" takeoff we are used to seeing in FS2crew for the other Boeings. Meaning that the APU remains off, the engine bleeds are on, but the packs are turned off until they are restored at climb thrust height. I was just about to ask for this option, as an alternative to the engine bleeds off/APU bleeds on on takeoff scenario.
The update includes your requested flaps up command for an NADP 1.Update will be out soon, maybe next week if some new sound files arrive on time.Cheers,Bryan

Guest nzch2010
The update includes your requested flaps up command for an NADP 1.Update will be out soon, maybe next week if some new sound files arrive on time.Cheers,Bryan
Glad you are going to look at the resizing Bryan, only yesterday I accidently resized when trying to move and CTD. W764. FSX SP2CheersJulian