Sign in to follow this  
VaporizedSteel

FSX always ctd's now i pay the price.

Hello fellow simmers... euh... and pilots.Ive been running fsx over here on a 2.8ghz intel quadcore, 2gb ram, hd4850 and windows 7.All necessary hardware software of all listed in device manager are installed and up to date.Only FSX SP1 is installed as sp2 caused me alot of bugs and slow downs.Just recently (1 hour ago) i bought FS passenger X. I read much about it, What i clearly didnt catch was that there is no alternative (alteast not to my knowing) to save a fspassenger flight. And you cant board passengers in the air, so to get around that problem.My fsx has encountered CTD's for years on almost all systems. I must admit, theres alot involved running fsx to its best.Im happy with a set 20fps and as for functionality, this case is clearly a example that bottlenecks me.CTD's in FSX has always occured, also they seem to happen more often if the weather parameters are more severe. As it eats serious business out of my computer when i fly in a thunderstorm.So i did enjoyed FS passenger X. In fact, once i started it and began my carreer, A simulation world was opening to me. Upon the moment I took off, (100% happyness in a 747, and then the windows loading circle comes up, even if you dont touch a button it will eventually come with the windows 7 popup to close the program as it has a fatal error.Over time i got used to this, exspecially as i tried all the basic advice to the issue already.On normal flight, you just save frequently then load again. But with fs passengers, it screws up. Cause you cant load a flight save with passenger already added to it.This basically means i have just thrown 50bucks into the trash can with a solution i must find which i took months to find out and eventually never did.On top of that, the software itself is a gobsmacked masterpiece.Now i want to use it, but i can't.Can you guys help me with this,So tht is my story. I have no clue on what further information i should give, although its obvious its required.Just tell me where to look and what to do and ill do it.Until later...EDITI did forgot something to mention. As those CTD's occur randomly. They most oftenly happen as due to the reason i already mentioned. But also when i use the menu options on top of the FSX GUI. Where the replay, settings, save/load options are located. Whenever i click on them at a random occasion, the screen flickers for a millisecond, then comes the windows loading circle, and you can easily imagine what follows.That doesnt mean i cant use the menus, i have to in order to fly properly. But after so many times using it within a flight, it has that random occasion of crashing. If theres a way around the FS passenger X issue, so i can save, i would like to know that also.STICK editI readed it, but to late XDBut this coud be software issue aswell, so ill see where this ends up.

If you are getting ctd's from accessing the menus it is because you don't have the uiautomationcore.dll file in your fsx directory.A search for it on here and you will find it to downloadTom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

If you are getting ctd's from accessing the menus it is because you don't have the uiautomationcore.dll file in your fsx directory.A search for it on here and you will find it to downloadTom
Sure, ill try tht and see if the situation improves. I do want to note that its not just the menus that are cuasing it. But im sure this will solve the problem partially. ill let you know.

thanks ill read that, thts bulk of info.I do wanna note that i coudnt find uiautomationcore.dll here on the avsim library. I did search the file in windows search to see if it was really missing. And it isnt missing but its located in my windws/system32 folder. Seems hardly related to FSX,or is this another of the same file, and where must i extract it to? Meanwhile ill read those guides and search elsewhere for the file you mentioned. Do tell me where to extract it to.EDIT:I got the file from here > http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.htmlThats the right one? Do i drop this one in the system32 map and overwrite?

thanks ill read that, thts bulk of info.I do wanna note that i coudnt find uiautomationcore.dll here on the avsim library. I did search the file in windows search to see if it was really missing. And it isnt missing but its located in my windws/system32 folder. Seems hardly related to FSX,or is this another of the same file, and where must i extract it to? Meanwhile ill read those guides and search elsewhere for the file you mentioned. Do tell me where to extract it to.EDIT:I got the file from here > http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.htmlThats the right one? Do i drop this one in the system32 map and overwrite?
As mentioned in the earlier post, it goes into your FSX directory..here is a download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip

Bert

Ive done that, and i answer so lately as i have been sinked in on fs passenger x for the last 2 hours. Its working great simply by adding that file in the fsx directory. No silly CTD's anymore, as for now.Thanks for the help.Aww that nasty turbulence, 93% satisfaction and nothing i can do about it. We see where this plane ends. I have a carreer to follow.EDIT: I almost forgot:Applause::(:(

As I have just finished posting here elsewhere,as I too was getting repeated CTD's that I was beginning to seriously doubt my sanity persisting in using a piece of MS's usual 'let's-rush-it-out-of-the-doors' c--p like they did with Me(come to think of it,can anybody seriously put hand on heart and say that they have NEVER encountered a single issue with anything that MS puts out,be it an OS,or an Office program?)and was not too far from opening the trash can and just junking everything into it despite the ££$$ spent and probably taking up drinking(at least one knows what one is getting into).But I decided to fight back and eventually found my fixes.That is not to say I'm now totally impervious from CTD's.We are after all talking FSX here.I also discovered that despite Nick's guide stating that having more than 3072Mb as VM is a waste,I still had 46 processes running in the background which was eating into CPU usage and System RAM.I have now trimmed that to a mere 26 processes and with FSX running, I'm now only using 45% CPU and 21% RAM.So,don't give up.There is joy to be had in this hobby of ours.It's getting there that's the bind.

@vc10manI get exactly what your saying.I dont often experience os or microsoft related issues but i do witness them occur. And obviously mostly for FSX. Then again, i have alot more trouble with mac, linux is to no interest up till now. So windows is my only option.I have plenty of guides to read. And tweaking my fsx to its optimal will be a goal ahead for now.I to recognize that RAM memory isnt the greater issue when fsx runs sloppy. And i only have 2gb on win7.My hobby remains in the windows simulator. But whom knows may it ever be handy irl.

Now i know this is not the place to ask it. But regarding fs passenger x. I accidently declared a emergency while there was non because i was experimenting the interface. Can you close the emergency and if not just fly straight on without further concern and land where i was supposed to?