Sign in to follow this  
rrv1988

This is a new error for me

fsxfail.PNGFirst time I've ever gotten that error message.I decided to load FSX to play some multiplayer with a friend and that's what I get while FSX loads. After clicking on "OK" FSX then happily crashes.My system:Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz4GB DDR2EVGA nVidia GTX 560 TiEVGA nVidia 8800 GTS (for second monitor and tv output..)Windows 7 Professional (x64)FSX did run with the GTX 560 before, I have no idea what has changed.Anyone have an idea as to what could be causing this?

Looks to me like your driver has crashed and not recovered properly, does a reboot fix it?Are you trying to use an iPad as an extra display by any chance with Air Display?

Cheers, Andy.

I've rebooted the computer, and updated the drivers. Same issues.I also am not using Air Display (caused blue screens when updating drivers last time).

Had the same problem some days ago, out of the blue. I uninstalled Air Display and it all returned to normal. I guess the problem was that Air Display opened up for more screens and somehow moved FSX from the primary display, which FSX doesn't like... Check if FSX is running on your primary display with drivers.Cheers!Karl

The trick with Air Display is to not launch the app until FSX is running first otherwise you get the error this thread is about. I've certainly never had any blue screens when using it so far, touch wood, lol.

Cheers, Andy.

You guys were right about one thing, "too many displays" was the issue. I had to disable the TV out on my 8800GTS and suddenly FSX decided that it wanted to work.Thank you all for your help!