My temp spread running Prime 95 looks wierd?59, 61, 71, 60; core 0 thru core 3 respectivley.Does this look normal for a I7-2600@4.4gThinking my thermal paste might not be even?Thanks Rick S.

It's only odd because of which cores are running hot and which are running cool. Typically core 0 runs about 5-10C cooler than the other three. Cores 1-3 are usually fairly close, though. What cooler are you using, and are these temps from running prime95?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

It's only odd because of which cores are running hot and which are running cool. Typically core 0 runs about 5-10C cooler than the other three. Cores 1-3 are usually fairly close, though. What cooler are you using, and are these temps from running prime95?
Looks diferent from any I have ever seen too.Using a Noctua NH-D14.Getting temps from Core Temp, which has always been reliable and yes I was running Prime-95.Just got this system up and running and trying the BIOS fast setting, no OC on my part yet.Rick S.

If all you're running is 4.4GHz and unless your ambient temp is really high, then the 71C does seem a little warm for an NH-D14. I would uninstall it and re-seat it with new paste. Remember, a rice-grain sized dot is about all you need. Just like the picture below. Don't worry about spreading it or anything like that. The pressure of the cooler will take care of that.tim2.jpg

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Don't use the "BIOS fast settings" Rick. Chances are your Vcore is way too high which could well be the reason why your temps are not that great.If you applied too much TIM, reinstall like Corey explained above

Don't use the "BIOS fast settings" Rick. Chances are your Vcore is way too high which could well be the reason why your temps are not that great.If you applied too much TIM, reinstall like Corey explained above
Yeah, I already took it off the Fast setting, Prime did not like it after about 25 min.That is about how much paste I used. Would you recommend the Noctua paste or try that fancy and expensive Antec Nano Diamond Formula 7 stuff I bought; using the Noctua paste at the moment . Man, that Diamond stuff is thick and does not move or spread by hand very good.Rick S.

NT-H1 is a very good TIM

NT-H1 is a very good TIM
Yep, that is what I have in it right now, will reseat with it later tonight; just in case.ThanksRick S.

Guest PFL

RickS:FYI with my i5 2500K @ 4.8 Ghz, the temp spread looks about the same...

I have removed the cooler, cleaned everything, re-pasted and re-seated the cooler about 5 times now.I have tried less paste and a little more, the results remain consistant. Core #2 runs 8-12 degrees hotter than the others.On the most recent try I thought I had it. All 4 cores ran between 28 an 33, all reporting the same temp within a second or two.Started up Prime95 running at @3.5g, default Normal BIOS, and #2 has spiked up to 57 and the others show a high of 45-46?Could Core Temp 0.99.8 be wrong? Wait, let me try OCCT and Real Temp 3.60.Nope, same thing!??Rick S..

Guest PFL

Core # 2 is hotter now?Wasn´t it # 3..?Try turning the cooler 90 degrees..

Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. I have 2 cores running some 8 - 10ºC hotter than the other two under full load

Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. I have 2 cores running some 8 - 10ºC hotter than the other two under full load
Well, that makes me feel a little better although I only have one on the higher side. But isn't that a little high fo 0 OC?It has always been #2, I guess I could have said different at some point.ThanksRick S.

The high of 57 is just fine, especially if you still have the voltage on auto. I'm not really sure what causes one or two cores to be significantly hotter than all the others. Perhaps an uneven heat spreader???

Corey Meeks

What's the ambient temp like there Rick?