Sign in to follow this  
bdenni

ATC Runway Selection

Guest rangrod

My Airport has parallel runways,very simular to KATL. My runways are 26l-26r, 27l-27r. Atc will set takeoffs for both 26r and 27r. But will only allow landings on 26l, which is the northern-most runway. It does seem to matter which direction the wind flows. I can't get ATC to use 27l. Used Afcad 2.11. Any suggestions.Thanks

Guest Nathan Palmer

I too would like to know how to get ATC to assign different runways. I set Vero Beach FL up with heavy winds right down runway 4 and it still only gives me the default (longest) rwy 11 and its parallel?NP

>My Airport has parallel runways,very simular to KATL. My>runways are 26l-26r, 27l-27r. Atc will set takeoffs for both>26r and 27r. But will only allow landings on 26l, which is the>northern-most runway. It does seem to matter which direction>the wind flows. I can't get ATC to use 27l. Used Afcad 2.11.>Any suggestions.>Thanks>>In AFCAD2 go to the List menu and select runways. A list of runways will come up. Select the one you want to change and select properties. You can then set each end to allow/disallow landings or takeoffs or both. You can also select which runway uses the right hand pattern. You can also change other things like runway markings, VASI lights etc...

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

This might be caused by the direction that the flights arrive at your airport. In an airport layout like KATL, those flights arriving from the north would be given the north runway for landing and those flights arriving from the south would be assigned to the southern runway. This is so ATC does not have to airplanes crossing each others' path.Could your flights all be arriving from the same direction (North versus South of the airport) and that's why they are all being assigned one runway?