Sign in to follow this  
sgordon777

USB joystick reconnects when plane lands

A Bizzare problem: Immediately upon the wheels touching the ground, my USB joystick reconnects (I hear the familliar USB beeping sound like the joystick was physically unplugged and plugged in again. I could live with this, but all of the joystick settings go back to default when this happens, requiring a restart of FSX to get the settings right again.I have FSX+accel on windows7 Home PremiumI use an XB360 wired joystick plugged into a USB Hub. I have a wireless keyboard+mouse (not plugged into the sam hyb). PC is a coreI5+Geforec GT 240Thanks for any help,Steve

A Bizzare problem: Immediately upon the wheels touching the ground, my USB joystick reconnects (I hear the familliar USB beeping sound like the joystick was physically unplugged and plugged in again. I could live with this, but all of the joystick settings go back to default when this happens, requiring a restart of FSX to get the settings right again.I have FSX+accel on windows7 Home PremiumI use an XB360 wired joystick plugged into a USB Hub. I have a wireless keyboard+mouse (not plugged into the sam hyb). PC is a coreI5+Geforec GT 240Thanks for any help,Steve
hi SteveI had problems with cdt,s when I tried to use my 'Pro pedels' for along time, did without them until last week I tried again, same problem, then I switch from my wireless mouse back to a ps2 mouse and it appears to have solved it, so try with a ps2 mouse.I think alot of ctd's are caused by usb devices. Bob

Make sure you have all the Win7 updates - there were issues with some USB devices disconnecting if they weren't being used constantly that are supposed to be fixed.DJ

Make sure you have all the Win7 updates - there were issues with some USB devices disconnecting if they weren't being used constantly that are supposed to be fixed.DJ
It's not a matter of a device timing out I don't think. The reconnect happens the instant that the wheels touch the ground when landing the plane -and is repeatable. I'll try installing the latest windows update. Also 'll give a wired keyboard and mouse a shot (though it would be unfortunate if this turned out to the the problem as this is a living room PC hooked up to a TV)Thanks,Steve
Forgot to mension: The joystick is plugged into a USB hub. The wireless keyboard dongle is plugged into the same hub

It's not a matter of a device timing out I don't think. The reconnect happens the instant that the wheels touch the ground when landing the plane -and is repeatable. I'll try installing the latest windows update. Also 'll give a wired keyboard and mouse a shot (though it would be unfortunate if this turned out to the the problem as this is a living room PC hooked up to a TV)Thanks,Steve Forgot to mension: The joystick is plugged into a USB hub. The wireless keyboard dongle is plugged into the same hub
Is the USB hub you refered to powered or unpowered? Have you tried moving the keyboard dongle and joystick to other USB outlets preferably connected directly to your Mobo?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.