A follow up....I just cranked up FSX with the new 460 installed and was floored when I saw it had set everything on ultra-high (let FSX build a new cfg). Did a flight and was floored again by smooth frame rates in clouds (first time in years). I think I just became an Nvidia Fanboi. :biggrin: Thanks all for your input.Cheers,Todd

A follow up....I just cranked up FSX with the new 460 installed and was floored when I saw it had set everything on ultra-high (let FSX build a new cfg). Did a flight and was floored again by smooth frame rates in clouds (first time in years). I think I just became an Nvidia Fanboi. :biggrin: Thanks all for your input.Cheers,Todd
The 460 is a great card! As for ATI - they make great GPU's but just not for FSX IMO. Maybe that will change with MS Flight.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I have one more question, do I need to install DX10/11 drivers? Will they overwrite DX9c? The card is working like a champ and don't want to bugger it up, but I did have a dialogue asking to install drivers (not specified which ones). I did install Nvidia 275.33.Thanks,Todd

I have one more question, do I need to install DX10/11 drivers? Will they overwrite DX9c? The card is working like a champ and don't want to bugger it up, but I did have a dialogue asking to install drivers (not specified which ones). I did install Nvidia 275.33.Thanks,Todd
You are good to go, FSX is using DX9 or DX10, your card will use DX11 if you have a game for it. I play Crysis 2, they just released a patch for it in DX11 but my card will play in DX9 or 10, to play DX11 your card as to be built for it and yours is.

Win XP does not support DirectX beyond 9.0c. You need to upgrade to Win 7 to take full advantage of the card's capabilities.