Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Best Add-On....

Guest byoung

What is the best add-on these days? Excluding Aircraft.I am considering Ultimate Traffic..What are the Pros and Cons?What else?Barry

I'm extremely happy with Ultimate Traffic and would highly recommend it. I've had no problems to speak of with it since the FS2004 patch was released, and the sight of all that real-world traffic all over the globe adds a huge level of realism. And due to the fps-friendly PAI models, I find that pound-for-pound, the larger amount of traffic doesn't pull down my frame rates as much as the default MS traffic. Of course, if you have an older or less powerful computer then you might have to scale back your traffic percentages to make it work smoothly. And with all the AFCAD files being released now (including hundreds by the UT team themselves) you should have no problem tricking out your favorite airports with realistic traffic.

Hi Bill !Contentious question, but, for a default installation before additions/tinkering, which would you say was better, Ultimate Traffic or Project AI ?As for the original question, my nomination would be FSNavigator.Alastair

Guest Petervan

I don't have UT. I'm happy with My Traffic 2004.My choice for the best global add-ons : FSUIPC (must have) and Active Camera (nice to have). Both programs really enhance FS experience.Peter.

Guest byoung

What concerns me about Ultimate Traffic is FS ATC not being able to handle the volume of additional traffic. I have been at grid lock on the ground with PAIs volume of traffic. IF FS ATC can't handle it, it kind of defeats the purpose. Does it have to do with hardware performance? Does FS ATC perfom better on faster hardware?Most people have to turn the A/I traffic percentage down. Does it replace all of the FS bogus airlines (SOAR, etc)?Barry

Guest Terblanche

My two cents would be:1. FSNavigator (where, when, how)2. FS Panel Studio (because I'm panel crazy)3. FScene ground textures (for variety)4. FSUIPC & FSSound (because it fixes what M$ can not)5. Ultimate Traffic (realistic traffic)6. ActiveSky (better weather)7. RogerWilco (for making it all too real)... and maybe the TerraMesh by Lago, once you get use to it, you could simply not fly over M$ mountains again!Enjoy!T

Guest RichardL

I don't have it yet, but FSHot Seat's AI Blast feature sure looks interesting.http://fshotseat.com/According to the authors, they are looking at releasing a stand-alone version of AI BLast. Richard