Sign in to follow this  

I have an external Toshiba hd (160GB) where I have files related to FS.It's in the NFTS format.These are- FSX, UTX GEX.Also since my C drive has limited space, I installed a lot f FS2004 scenery here.Everything ran fine until yesterday.First the FSX icon on my desktop was greyed out. Clicking on it pops a window saying the connection cannot be made to the drive etc.The weirdest thing is that the external hd has been renamed (not by me!) to H. It was G before.If I tried to run FS2004 I had many windows pop up saying this or that scenery could not be found.(the ones placed on that renamed drive)I tried to figure out if I had done anything drastic on my pc.The only thing that might have contributed to the problem is this- my daughter charged her cellphone with a USB cable from the pc itself.I tried renaming the hd back to G. That failed. The result is G and H! Can anyone help me please?Eytan OrnsteinMy specsIntel Core2 CPU E4400 2GHZ3.25 RAMGeForce 9800 GTWindows XP Home SP3Samsung Synchmaster 931BF 19" monitorMAG 21" monitor2 dvd drives E and FA multi port USB hub plugged into pc serving Thrustmaster HOTAS and VRInsight M panel.

Guest jahman

HDDs are not "named" a letter, they are assigned a letter by the operating system in the order they are discovered and mounted (unless a specific letter is assigned to the drive).Click the Start taskbar icon, then "Run..." then type "compmgmt.msc" and press OK to start the "System Admin" (Microsoft Management Console) app.In the System Admin app, click on storage in the left pane, then on Disk Admin in the right pane. You should now see all your disk drives and their logical partitions and assigned letters in the right pane.Click on the logical partition whose drive letter you want to change to select that partition, then go to the top menu, select Tasks, All Tasks, Change drive letter.Cheers,- jahman.

<then go to the top menu, select Tasks, All Tasks, Change drive letter>I followed your instructions, but then I can't see Tasks etc.All I see on top is File- action- view -window -help.Eytan

The All Tasks menu is located in the Action menu.

OK I figured it out and performed the task. Now the drive is identified as GBut still the same problem on starting FS2004- all those windows saying this scenery not found bla bla...Also when I open My Computer- there is NO drive G!.I rebooted twice, and still no G identified.Eytan