Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

new pc for fsx, comments please

hi all, i am wanting to upgrade my pc and was looking at getting this one, please let me know what you think(i will be getting the Geforce GTX 550 Ti instead of the Radeon,)http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INTEL-CORE-i7-2600-QUAD-CORE-GAMING-SYSTEM-COMPUTER-PC-/140537878888?pt=AU_comp_dekstop&hash=item20b8b5d968#ht_19804wt_1140

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Clayton,Do you think you would be willing to try building a PC? It's pretty easy to do and a ton of people here would help you do it! I'm not going to bother picking apart that computer, but let's just say it's not what you want for FSX.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

I think it looks alright, but it's got the 2600 cpu, not the 2600k. Given how important overclocking the cpu is for FSX performance, you want the unlocked multiplier that the 2600k offers. I'd also upgrade to one of the Gigabyte or Asus mobo's that they offer. As Cmeeks pointed out, you can probably build your own for less, and put in the parts you really want (their upgrade prices are extortionate).~Andrew

yea well talking about extortionate, this is Australia, where everything is a ripoff!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram