Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Planes creeping foward!

Why is it that all my add on planes that I added to FS2004 so far creep foward and build up speed? Im not touching the throttles. If this is a known problem is there a fix for it?

Guest rogue1

Sounds like your throttle is not returning all the way to zero. Try pressing the F1 key to set the throttle to zero. If that solves your problem check your throttle calibration.

I just check all my planes that I loaded into FS2004 so far, and the only planes that creep foward and build up speed is the Feelthere ERJ's and POSKY 757-200, 300 models. So it's not the joystick and it's the planes. Anyone else hav similar experiences with Feelthere ERJ's and POSK 757 models?

Guest shanwick

I had this problem too. It can be solved using FSUIPC and following Peter Dowson's instructions in the manual. Essentially, you pull the throttle back until it is almost, but not quite, at its backstop. FSUIPC then allows you to fool the throttle into thinking it is fully closed at that point. Then, when you start flying and pull the throttle all the way back as far as it will go problematic a/c won't creep forward any more.Hope this helps.David

Alternatively, if you are flying a turboprop, you can always pull the props back by hitting crtl+F1 and that will put them in fine pitch. It shouldn't roll forward for you then. It's something I use when my heads down in the C340. Guy that had one a few hangars away put his in a fence when it rolled forward! Sad too, he had a real nice Ram IV conversion.

Guest Milton

Also, remember to pull your idle lever from high idle back to low idle.