Sign in to follow this  
Matt2218

Turbulence / Thermal Effects in FSX

Good morning all (Happy Fathers' Day...)I stumbled across something yesterday that might be helpful for those having autopilot problems...Until yesterday, I've been flying the PMDG 744 in FSX with absolutely no issues...using default weather and FSUIPC wind smoothing 'just in case'.For whatever reason I decided to turn ON the FSX turbulence/thermal effects...flight was normal until my final descent over the ocean. Autopilot stopped steering properly (in HDG SEL mode), and in fact started banking extremely away from the desired heading.Here's where it gets interesting: even after I turned the AP off, the aircraft responded very poorly to the controls - really noticeable since I hand-fly most of the time at low altitudes.I turned off the turbulence/thermal effects and it was rock solid again.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Sometimes, I get the same. I Don't understand it. This happens when I'm using severe turbulence. The HDG selector will be turn off and flies on his own way.This also happens in wilco fleet B777, a rare issue! I have the last update for B747. Maybe this is in real world the same or maybe not!