Sign in to follow this  
flightsim777

just wondering if there will be a virtual cabin on the new 737 NGX

i have heard all the buzz about the new 737 NGX and have seen demo videos and virtual cockpit photos but have heard nothing on a virtual cabin. i was just wondering if anyone knew if the team designing this airplane is going to add a virtual cabin to this airplane.

I seem to recall (goin from my fuzzy memory which very well could be wrong), but I believe they said they weren't going to do a cabin, and use the polygon's or whatever have you for other things.

Yup, I think they said that they were not interested in creating a passenger experience and preferred to keep the system resources for the cockpit, which given the complexity they are going for seems like a wise choice to me. After all, you can go and sit in the real passenger cabin for thirty quid in Michael O'Leary's sky rocket.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There is no virtual cabin besides a lower res/lower poly one that you can see inside to from the exterior model. It's actually got a fully variable cabin lighting model though that changes intelligently based on the phase of flight and time of day as if there actually flight attendants in the back controlling it.There's no less than 6 wing view presets too - first, mid-cabin, and aft on each side.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah I will never understandi why people are so hung up on wing views, cabin views, etc. Where do you plan on flying this thing from? The lavatory? Ooops I probably just gave some people an idea to include a lav. Come on, its a FLIGHT sim, not passenger sim.JackColwill

I would even fly without external views, if someone had promised me extra 5 FPS lol.

This is going to sound slightly rude for which I apologise, but if you're worried about the virtual cabin I'm not sure this is the aircraft for you.

Yeah I will never understandi why people are so hung up on wing views, cabin views, etc. Where do you plan on flying this thing from? The lavatory? Ooops I probably just gave some people an idea to include a lav. Come on, its a FLIGHT sim, not passenger sim.JackColwill
I actually would like to stow away in the wheel wells or baggage comapartment! Also would like there to be a blackout effect from doing so once the aircraft passes 10,000ft and I lose conciousness due to lack of oxygen. :(

For me it's better a very good quality airplane with very nice simulated systems than a virtual cabin. This is flight simulator not passenger simulator :( . The virtual cabin is just a complement.

I blame Captain Sim and their shenanigans...Cameron Caldwell

Guest Tamadeez

Captainsim are far more focused on the visuals and trivial things like opening every cowling, nose cone etc. This is used to mask the serious aircraft simulation inferiority. I decided to try their 767 and honestly couldn't do one flight without one of the many bugs occuring. So I stuck with the hideous but reliable LVLD as well as the always awesome PMDG fleet. I would say CS are for casual simmers but even they don't deserve these basic airplane operation bugs I have experienced. PMDG- awesome simulation. Good visuals. Superb customer supportCS- buggy incomplete simulation. Great visuals. Poor customer support( didn't respond to me)

cabin view? Batting%20Eyelashes.gif We don't need that in the flight sim

Captainsim are far more focused on the visuals and trivial things like opening every cowling, nose cone etc. This is used to mask the serious aircraft simulation inferiority. I decided to try their 767 and honestly couldn't do one flight without one of the many bugs occuring. So I stuck with the hideous but reliable LVLD as well as the always awesome PMDG fleet. I would say CS are for casual simmers but even they don't deserve these basic airplane operation bugs I have experienced. PMDG- awesome simulation. Good visuals. Superb customer supportCS- buggy incomplete simulation. Great visuals. Poor customer support( didn't respond to me)
Sorry I didn't realize I was logged into my old account by accident :/Anyways, I am completely disappointed with the CS 767. Buggy as you mentioned, and what really tick me off is the fact that they were too lazy to recreate a VC for the 763. It's the same as there 752. Though the cockpits are roughly the same, there are a few different avionic layouts. I was beside myself when I saw this. Bought the 727 and I am also very disappointed with the VC as well (though it is older, so I'll give them that).I won't be purchasing the 777 because I'm afraid that the FMC might try to bite me as I program my route :( PMDG will definately be worth the wait for the triple.Regards,