Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

Raise/Lower seat question on 2D panel

Guest vassilis

Hi,I have noticed in FS9 that the degree of raising or lowering the captains seat in 2D panel by using Shift + enter/backspace is rather big one (comparing to FS2002). Sometimes, when I raise the seat it causes me a terrible headache just because I hit my head on the roof of the cockpit:-) Does anybody nows how to tweak this and minimise the degree of raising/lowering the captains seat??:-zhelp Vassilis

I don't think you can set the rate for the SHIFT routine but can change it to your liking for good by this. Open up the PANEL CFG to the (VIEWS) section. Look for this VIEW_FORWARD_DIR The HIGHER thenumber, the lower the angle is etc. You can set it in steps like 3.5,0.0,0.0 TO 3.6,0.0,0.0 till you find where you like it. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Randy J Smith

Guest vassilis

Thank you guys,Great tips. It turns out that I had the "problem" because I increased the Pan Rate in VC from 400 to 900. Canged to default and everything is OK now.Randy's suggestion is very usefull though, since now I can change the default main 2D view.Thanks again,Vassilis

Guest Stamatis

To be exact, the Shift+Enter metod does not raise/lower your seat. It pivots your view upwards or downwards, i.e. it changes the angle of your eyesight compared to the horizontal.To really change your seat height you must change the vertical eye view parameter inside the aircraft.cfg file.Stamatis