Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

No clearance for take-off

Hello all,This has happened now with 2 airports. RC clears me to line up and wait on the runway. As I approach the runway, I see several AI planes ahead of me waiting to get on the runway. They do line-up but they never do receive clearance to take off from RC. The plane just sits there on the runway. Of course, I'm not waiting forever, so I bud the line to the front of the runway, line up over the plane (crash detect off), but RC does not give me clearance to take off. However, when I do take off, it transfers me to departure.My question is, does RC detect that there are several AI ahead in line? Why do the planes line up but not take off as soon as I get close to them?I have UT2 add-on and I use the PMDG 747. Thanks.

Hello all,This has happened now with 2 airports. RC clears me to line up and wait on the runway. As I approach the runway, I see several AI planes ahead of me waiting to get on the runway. They do line-up but they never do receive clearance to take off from RC. The plane just sits there on the runway. Of course, I'm not waiting forever, so I bud the line to the front of the runway, line up over the plane (crash detect off), but RC does not give me clearance to take off. However, when I do take off, it transfers me to departure.My question is, does RC detect that there are several AI ahead in line? Why do the planes line up but not take off as soon as I get close to them?I have UT2 add-on and I use the PMDG 747. Thanks.
what version of makerwys.exe is in the root directory of fs?have you clicked the button "rebuild rc scenery database" after installing rc? after installing the latest version of makerwys?jd

what version of makerwys.exe is in the root directory of fs?have you clicked the button "rebuild rc scenery database" after installing rc? after installing the latest version of makerwys?jd
Hi jd. Yes i did. Any ideas?

A couple of comments:If you added any airports or afcad type file you need to run from within RC the scenery rebuild again. The only time you run it directly (makerwys.exe) in the FS folder is when you have not installed RC on the same pc as FS in a WideFS network situation. After that in the networked case you then run the scenery build from within RC. Also you must have the correct path to your FS folder entered in the dialog when asked during the scenery rebuild. I keep mine in a text file so I can paste the path in each time. Mine reads:h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9so RC copies the created files in the FS folder back to its own for processing. Check in the RCV4\data folder the a4.csv and especially the r4.csv modified date properties to insure these were renewed with your RC update procedure.RC does not control AI takeoff clearance except wehen you are on cl;ose final to prevent runway encroachment. That is an FS function. If you need to separate arriving AI to thin out the queue so departing AI and you can be sandwiched in I recommend this utility here in the AVSIM FSX Utility library (which also works in FS9).AISmooth V1.20 aismooth_v120.zipKeep the ATC message and speech options disabled since RC will perform these functions. Try to run with user plane response off unless you are being overrun by AI. RC only protects you on close final from AI.If this is only happening at one airport it is possible that the afd type file (afcad in FS9) does not match your scenery. RC needs your location which is returned by FSUIPC in relation to the the runway information returned by the scenery database rebuild (which extracts afd type data from your installed scenery). When positioning your aircraft at the runway holding point be sure you are close enough to the runway and allow for the effect of a forward high cockpit common in airliners view distortion which makes it look closer than you are.I'm not sure if it is enabled in the limited RC FSUIPC registration but you have a traffic zapper tool you can assign to a hot key. Check the FSUIPC user guide. You can use it to clear AI in front of you such as if you are stuck in a queue or face to face with an AI on a taxiway. If you want to refresh AI advance your FS time just a minute forward to clear arriving and queued AI temporarily. (If you have the registered FSUIPC3 for FS9 you can assign a hot key to toggle AI between two traffic densities. Make one 0 for a refresh and toggle the function twice - once to clear and once to reload.)Let us know how you get on.

OK, I missed something in your original post. You state AI are lined up on the runway, not on the entrance taxiway? That usually means there may be an AI stuck further down the runway or too close to it during an arrival exit or crossing. FS should only allow one aircraft to enter the runway. The next time it happens look at an overhead view at the AI action to see if you can spot anything.RC will not clear you to roll if an AI is too close to the runway or stuck on it further down.Also, with UT2, make sure for RC arrival purposes you have the UT2 AI spawning distance set to maximum since for arrival RC needs to see AI patterns stable at 40 nm out since that has first priority for arrival runway assignment.

Thanks Ronzie, I had the old makerunways, I updated it. I will try again and see if I'm having the same problem.What I don't understand is this:"Keep the ATC message and speech options disabled since RC will perform these functions. Try to run with user plane response off unless you are being overrun by AI. RC only protects you on close final from AI."I like to hear the ATC messages from AI planes through Radar Contact. What difference does it make if it is enabled or disabled? Also, why should I disable user plane response? I don't quite understand. Thanks.

Thanks Ronzie, I had the old makerunways, I updated it. I will try again and see if I'm having the same problem.What I don't understand is this:"Keep the ATC message and speech options disabled since RC will perform these functions. Try to run with user plane response off unless you are being overrun by AI. RC only protects you on close final from AI."I like to hear the ATC messages from AI planes through Radar Contact. What difference does it make if it is enabled or disabled? Also, why should I disable user plane response? I don't quite understand. Thanks.

On the speech and message options being disabled I was referring to the settings in ai smooth if you decide to use it. RC already provides those for you and two sources would be in conflict and provide confusion (as one RC user has already noted). In RC options selecting Interact with AI and AI Chatter (not prerecorded chatter) will provide all of the AI chatter you require. Remember that the RC chatter you hear will only be for the ATC channel you are on (frequency) so if you are on tower you will only hear tower and not ground or departure/approach. When on tower some AI chatter is thinned out to keep performance up but you should hear enough to maintain realism. In addition to keep audio performance up the RC Display Text option should be off.RC4 should be when you are on close final slowing up AI behind you and speeding up as bit AI in front of you. The ai smooth user aircraft response and in other settings of it will cause separation of your aircraft from AI but further out on the inbound approach path. At one time in an earlier ai smooth version it was found that even sitting on the ground near a runway would prevent any ai aircraft from landing and they would be in holding patterns. I believe that has been fixed.Whether or not the ai smooth user plane response option will conflict with RC approach ai control is kind of an open question. Try it with it on and if you do not have problems leave it on.FYI:Today's current versions of FSUIPC and makerwys are;FSUIPC 3.996, FSUIPC 4.708, MakeRunways 4.45For either FSUIPC interim update be sure to install the full updated package first which provides updated documentation followed by the interim versions above if different. Links at the forum top pinned topic.