Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry S

There seems to be some very poor default mesh in some places :(

Guest danowat

Hi,I was flying from Spokane,WA to Olympia,WA last night and came across an extremly poor patch of mesh about 70 miles into the flight.I would post a screenie, but I am at work at the moment ;).This mesh was very faceted and had some big seams in it, now is this my system or is it the default mesh?.If it is the mesh would the FSGenesis mesh be better?.CheersDan.

FSGenesis or Steve Greenwood's:-Seattle, WA - High Resolution Terrain Mesh (http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=16940)-Emma Field, Olympic National Park, WA - 30m terrain mesh(http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=19848)James Belk also made some nice bush scenery for the latter (olym_bsh.zip)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest luce

I also would add the 9.8 m Seattle area terrain from Fsfreeware.com - My thumbs up for that mesh - the best for the area!!!luce

Guest cw1011

The FS Genesis stuff is really great. I have been practicing VFR flying throughout washington state, and with Justin's 38m coverage, you can see on the ground the shallow valleys marked on the charts in slightly different colours. Really a blast. Can't say enough good about FS Genesis. Great products.

Guest Larry S

same spot with Justin's 38 meter.From sucks to pretty good to a little bit better

Guest GabrielR

"From sucks to pretty good to a little bit better"Are you talking about FS2000-2002-2004?LOL

Guest Larry S

Can you imagine hearing that slogan at the end of a commercial??Now everytime I see that fs2004 commercial during one of the Wright Bros specials, I'll laugh my @55 off. Thanks.And if Microsoft uses it, we'll have to sue for royalties