Hi all,I picked up a Thermaltake 760is and the adapter for the new socket for my new i7 2600K build, and I'm a bit confused as to why the manual wants me to route it the way it does. The manual says to run it through my HDD first, then on to the GPU, and then through the CPU. But that doesn't make sense to me. That would have the coolant entering the CPU block after collecting heat from the HDD and GPU blocks first. I would think that I should go through the CPU block first, while the coolant is at it's coolest point right out of the radiator. Am I wrong? Wouldn't it be best to have the CPU block receive the coolant while it's at it's coolest point? I don't normally question a manufacturer's manual, but this one just seemed odd to me. I'm sure I'm wrong, just looking for the explanation as to why.

The water in a computer cooling loop will only get to be 3-4c degrees difference between all the parts so order isn't critical. Still, I'd put the cpu first. :)BTW, I noticed in the spec's for the Thermaltake 760is doesn't list the 2600k as a supported socket. Are you sure this kit will work for you?And, the cpu block and radiator are different metals so definitely use antifreeze to prevent galvanic corrosion. Also, if it really only comes with a 120mm rad, that probably isn't enough to cool your cpu and vid cards.If you can afford it you should get your own parts.

I agree with wckbones on this one. A 120 rad is barely enough to cool just your CPU. If you want to cool both a GPU and a CPU I would recommend a 360 rad. It sounds like you're making cooling decisions based on what your case will allow. All I can say is I have been there and done that and all you end up with is a bad compromise and a waste of money. Go ahead and get the case you need and then purchase the proper cooling system.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Yep, the 760is does seem to be inferior in just about every way. I decided to go ahead and hook it up just to try it out, and I am not impressed. My H60 is far better, and so is my Mogul for that matter. It's back at the store now, and I'm just building my own. I'd highly recommend everyone to avoid this offering.

Yep, the 760is does seem to be inferior in just about every way. I decided to go ahead and hook it up just to try it out, and I am not impressed. My H60 is far better, and so is my Mogul for that matter. It's back at the store now, and I'm just building my own. I'd highly recommend everyone to avoid this offering.
I'm a big fan of water cooling, but NOT the canned water-cooling kits.And if the kit is, as mentioned above, putting dissimilar metals in the same loop, that's a complete non-starter and an absolutely STUPID design.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case