Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

The A380 wing strikes again....

Hi guysI remember the last post here that was about the A380 and the CRJWell it's happened again. This time it has hit a hangar at le bourget. Airbus has cancelled it's display

Hi guysI remember the last post here that was about the A380 and the CRJWell it's happened again. This time it has hit a hangar at le bourget. Airbus has cancelled it's display
Link or it didnt happen......Regards Luke Stevens

No word about canceling the display though.Apparently they're going to use a Korean Air-designated aircraft as a substitute during the Paris event.http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/06/20/358346/paris-airbus-to-fly-korean-a380-in-paris-air-show-display.htmlJust wanted to get things straight.But really, why are we discussing this on this forum actually?

I posted here because the discussions in this forum are normally good, an if the first line was read the collision with the CRJ was discussed here

Just as a matter of interest, the other one which hit the CRJ and sustained similar damage to the port wingtip - F-HPJD - is now back in service, having been repaired. If this keeps up, they'll be making quick-release fittings for the winglets on A380s :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just as a matter of interest, the other one which hit the CRJ and sustained similar damage to the port wingtip - F-HPJD - is now back in service, having been repaired. If this keeps up, they'll be making quick-release fittings for the winglets on A380s :( Al
I actually have a picture on my phone somewhere of the wingtip damage when it struck the CRJ. The kept the plane over by some hangars behind FedEx buildings in JFK. AS I remember, some Airbus expert said that the wingtips on the 380 and a few other aircraft creates a blind spot Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Well I am thinking a could pilot the A380 on the ground. The procedure used onboard: Drive around with no concern (after all your the largest bird), wait until you here a thump or grinding noise, apply brakes!

Well I am thinking a could pilot the A380 on the ground. The procedure used onboard: Drive around with no concern (after all your the largest bird), wait until you here a thump or grinding noise, apply brakes!
Haha. This sounds so true.

They should have some kind of proximity warning system like in cars. With those annoying *beeps*. Shame she hit the building. I was going to Le Bourget...

These A380 drivers appear to have the same mentality of those guys who are in the big diesel Ford F-250's.... Just merge onto the highway at will... Everyone will get outta your way!

Agreed there lol - What we call at work 'Navigation by crunch'John Ellison

Maybe they should install cameras in the wingtips of the A380s.But one other question: As far as I know every A380 has a cam on the top of the rudder, but why don't the pilots use it to look around when they're taxying. They can see the wingtips from this cam, can they?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

LOOOOOOOL.Seriously though, why wasn't someone walking with the wingtip?

but why don't the pilots use it to look around when they're taxying.
It was being towed.Best regards,Robin.